anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: No Routes  (Read 2094 times)

dl1812

No Routes
« on: June 08, 2012, 12:59:49 PM »
Hi All,

I use my Box on both Home and Work laptops, transferring it at Weekends.
I've got Network access at Home, but I'm not allowed online access via my Works Server for ANRB.

So, to keep my Works laptop updated, I copy across the Navdata.db3 file from Home, but no Routes show on my Works Laptop.
Is there another file I should be copying across, or is this simply because I can't get internet connection ?

It's not the end of the World, and it's been going on for some time, but I'm curious....

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers

Dave

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: No Routes
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 03:02:03 PM »
Hi Dave

I'm not sure about this, but new routes, and routes in the Navdata file that are more than six months old, do get pulled from the RadarBox server when you receive them, so if you're not connected, they can't show.

Once you've transferred the Navadata file to your home computer, it might be worth trying the MyLog Tools...Populate command to see if that gets the routes.

HTH

Rod
Rod

dl1812

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 08:52:06 PM »
Thanks Rod, I'll give it a go.

I was mainly curious why they show on my Home PC, then disappear when I use the same file on my Work PC.

Thanks Again.

Dave

FACTflights

• Amateur Radio is my hobby.
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 10:23:35 AM »
That is interesting,

I used the NavData.db3 Editing tool to pull the data base apart into six XLS files.

The Routes.xlsx is empty when you do that.

Is anyone able to send me a populated routes.xlsx file?  It does not have to be up to date.

For interest sake the database consists of 6 tables viz. AC Type; Aircraft; Airlines; Airports and routes.  Each of these tables contain several columns of data. 
John
ZS1AGH
We live under a rock:  Table Mountain

Icom IC 706 Mk II G; Icom IC 726; Icom IC T22E; Yaesu 290R; Alinco DJ-V5 
No HF antennae at the moment.