AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Network Max Effort Day today  (Read 3665 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Network Max Effort Day today
« on: December 23, 2011, 12:31:01 AM »
Well, it's here, so if anyone wants to report here any returns from unusual places, or if anyone sharing who usually doesn't wants to check in, please do it in this thread.

Oz is a bit disappointing at the moment. It's great to see Tasmanian returns, which we have had again for the last few days, but where are the rest of the Aussies?

Northern Russia, as discussed in the Outlines thread, is present - thanks to whoever it is up there!

Rod
Rod

ACW367

Re: Network Max Effort Day today
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 04:26:34 AM »
Great to see Mauritius, Thailand and the Sakhalinskaya oblast of Russia to the North of Hokkaido Japan.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 04:52:59 AM »
Oz is a bit disappointing at the moment. It's great to see Tasmanian returns, which we have had again for the last few days, but where are the rest of the Aussies?

sorry, internet problems, fixed now.

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 12:32:51 PM »
What a day for the network to go down.

Alan

RodBearden

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 12:45:21 PM »
Such is life - came back with 2168 flights -  pretty good number, so far.

Rod
Rod

neroon79

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 01:04:38 PM »
If I look in my long-time air traffic statistics I'd like to say: We should do it again sometime in September next year. At least here in Europe there should more traffic than during this part of the year.  Just a suggestion.

As a matter of fact I voted for today because if there is any chance for a little more traffic as usual during this time of the year, it would be today. Especially due to the fact,  that it's Friday and the last day before Christmas-eve.
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

RodBearden

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2011, 12:12:12 AM »
That turned out to be a non-event! I haven't been at my computer for the whole day, but I can't say that I noticed any new locations appearing on the network.

Perhaps some boxes have been on for longer than normal (Canary Islands, and JFK ground returns, for example), but perhaps we had overall more returns than we would have done otherwise.

The Network Statistics page shows a slightly higher maximum number of boxes than I reported in the previous Max Effort thread (392 compared to 373, but my post in the Poll thread had the number at 421), but the max number of flights will remain a mystery for ever as, despite pleading emails to AirNav, the flights graph broke and was never repaired :-(

Netcop Nick's idea of AirNav having a "free network" day seems a much better one, because people who don't share are probably largely in the group who don't subscribe to the network, and a free network day would give them some feedback, which today's exercise didn't.

Ah well, it was worth a try. To those who did make an effort yesterday, many thanks, and happy Christmas to all RadarBox users and forum members.

Rod
Rod