anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: rotator for beam aerial  (Read 1862 times)

daithi-lacha

rotator for beam aerial
« on: June 10, 2011, 11:29:35 PM »
i have been trying to make up a rotator for a beam aerial that i bought from moonraker.co.uk which is designed specifically for 1.09ghz. ill have to say, it is proving difficult to do this. i emailed moonraker about the possibility of they designing and selling a rotator for airnav enthusiasts especially as tracking planes is so popular now. i've met with no success from them. some idiot there suggested that i buy an amateur radio rotator! i feel sure that there is a market there for this type of rotator. i have 2 old ships' radars that i have been trying to adapt for the airnav frequency but like i said it is proving hard to do. it certainly is possible to do it but i think i may have to wait until i retire before i am successful.
does anyone have any ideas about whether it can be done, if it has been done, or how to do it? i am surprised that some manufacturer hasnt designed one already as it would vastly improve the reception when use with the gain aerial from moonraker. my location is 500ft above sea level and i can see aircraft 200miles to the west with my present home-made omni-directional whip.

thank you.

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
Re: rotator for beam aerial
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 07:45:27 AM »
There has been some discussion on this subject previously on the forum.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=5356.0