AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Request? For next software update  (Read 4360 times)

steve1970

Request? For next software update
« on: September 20, 2010, 06:44:35 AM »
Implement the ability to hide or even just re-organize the main window statuses columns.
Delete the ones that dont hold any interest or even organize the order of the ones you would like to view, so they are in the main view without having to scroll. eg. move or hide the Route column, or bring the Dist Nm next to the Airline column, or delete or hide the GS column or wherever your preferences are. There are a few that I don't use and the option would be a good idea.
I find this option not being available annoying to have to scroll to see the information that I want to see all the time without having to stretch the window across two screens. I have used many programs that have this option. Might be something to consider for the next update!

Tnx Steve

Runway 31

Re: Request? For next software update
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 07:50:45 AM »
I take it you are aware that you can delete colums through the preferences tab.  Will not answer all your needs at this time but will allow you to get rid of the ones you dont want.

Alan

steve1970

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 08:59:44 AM »
No I didn't oops my bad.. ok tried the forum search which is useless btw, didn't even realize this option was available! Sorry ok! I retract my statement!

steve1970

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 09:01:17 AM »
TY  for guiding me on the right path! :-) I feel so dumb atm lol

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 09:05:29 AM »
Hello

Airnav also have plans already to allow people to change the order of the columns.

I enter the following into google to search the forum. Not perfect but better than the forum search.

Code: [Select]
Site:http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/     search words

Andrew

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 09:07:18 AM »
Hey Steve, no problems thats what the forum is for.

Alan

steve1970

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 09:43:58 AM »
Thanks again. I can now delete what I dont want to see, BIG improvement already :-) it's not in the help, or in the search, or was looking for the wrong terms! TY again appreciate it! They do need to improve their search function for the forum, it's virtually useless :-) Thanks mate!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2010, 08:30:22 PM »
Unfortunately its the search which comes with the forum (not made by us). We will look into some addons with the forum which might improve it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2010, 09:38:25 PM »
Could even replace it with a much better system, check out vBulletin http://www.vbulletin.com/

Would suggest reviewing their forums and looking at some of the members sites/forums using vBulletin.  Also adds much more features, security and add-ons.
Cornwall, UK

Falcon

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2010, 10:29:36 PM »
Could even replace it with a much better system, check out vBulletin http://www.vbulletin.com/

Would suggest reviewing their forums and looking at some of the members sites/forums using vBulletin.  Also adds much more features, security and add-ons.

I also have to give a big thumbs up to IP. Board http://www.invisionpower.com/

I use to run a vB forum until they switched owners in the past year or so. They made a very undesirable change to their licensing structure, didn't protect their current customers very well, and so I switched. I almost went  with IPB the first time back in 2005 when vB was "the" forum to go for but was swayed by the masses which at that time had some validity as to the quality of the vB software, but no longer.

My suggestion would be to look at both, ask some questions of both and see what you think, but given almost full year of running IPB, and their support during the switch when converting my image gallery which is the busiest part of the site, I can give it a top recommendation.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:53:25 PM by Falcon »

steve1970

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 06:23:37 AM »
To Airnav support
I do realize it's not under your control ATM, in reality it is though!, the company will want to stick to the forum they chose to originally use understandable, but a move to the posted boards mentioned might be a good idea. A proper search function is important and will stop multiple posts on the same subject because people will be able to find the things they are looking for when they do a specific search!. It will cut down unnecessary bandwidth and with that comes less cost. Have used the boards mentioned and they seem to be more suited to your product.