anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: database/autopopulate quirks  (Read 2281 times)

typist

database/autopopulate quirks
« on: August 28, 2010, 05:16:42 AM »
The database seems to be a popular subject for discussions...

Going through my log, I noticed Bangkok (VTBS) was missing from my database. Are airport entries autopopulated? If so, I assume I just had bad luck, there must have been several network or database outages. I manually renamed ZSPD to Shanghai Pudong (instead of only Pudong), I guess that's just a personal preference.

Pilots frequently enter IATA instead of ICAO airline prefixes on their transponders, and radarbox apparently doesn't like that. What is the best route lookup tool I can use (web based or application), which won't cost me an arm and a leg?

I realize I probably still can not find callsigns such as "GAYBOY01", a Jetstar Pacific flight I picked up recently, but sometimes radarbox seems to miss flight identifiers which at first sight look perfectly ok, such as CES2053 and CES2054.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: database/autopopulate quirks
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »
Typist - I'm not at all sure that the Airport table is used for anything at all - changes I make to it never seem to be used in the details below the grids - and they are certainly not autopopulated. Actually, I think the coordinates ARE used - for the to/from lines plotted on the map.

As to silly Flight ID's, we like to collect them - there's this thread if you come across any more silly ones: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3276.new#new

Rod
Rod

neroon79

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 01:55:37 PM »
To Airport list, or to be precisely the GEO coordinates of each Airport is needed to display the "route lines" on flights with known start/destination Airport. As a matter of fact I figured this out with the Airport VTBS.

Many month ago I tracked a flight EHAM?-VTBS but no "routing lines" were shown. Went to Airport table and didn't find VTBS there. Google out the GEO Coordinates of VTBS an added the Data to Database table. Proceeding a deactivate/activate Cyle of "processing hardware flights" and the routing lines were there.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 01:59:27 PM by neroon79 »
Greetings from northern Germany, Ingo
11.75nm ESE of EDDV

SW: ANRB v5.00.072/6.01.001 on WIN10 64Bit Pro&Home
HW:
Ant.: DPD Productions ADS-B Vertical Outdoor Base Antenna
AMP: Kuhne electr. KU LNA 1090 A TM
Cable: 25m of ECOFLEX 15+
NB: Asus P53E 24/7 op.
PC: 28"4K + 24" Monitor
AirSpy mini @RPi3

EK01

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 02:06:48 PM »
Typist,

For all worldwide airport information go to www.worldaerodata.com and enter the airport code. Incidentally, VTBS is there with all the information you require including co-ordinates, frequencies , etc.