AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: N249BA-Multiple Entries In MyLog  (Read 2325 times)

Hawkeye

N249BA-Multiple Entries In MyLog
« on: January 29, 2010, 09:59:17 PM »
Dreamlifter N249BA appeared on my map today, (and out of my window:-)).
Checking MyLog I find there are 19 entries for this flight over a period of about 18 minutes with the aircraft showing six different Flight IDs
I've never seen similar multiple entries in MyLog before and wondered if anyone else has, and if anyone can explain the reason.
I've attached a copy of the log.

Syd

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:31:41 PM by tarbat »

ACW367

Re: N249BA-Multiple Entries In MyLog
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 10:29:56 PM »
Syd

This is I believe an issue with the aircrafts box not the radarbox. Thai airlines B744s are notorious for doing this.

Hawkeye

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 04:22:54 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys. Must admit I'd forgotten this subject had been raised before.
I appreciate that the 'problem' is initiated by the aircraft box and I'm personally not really concerned that sometimes there's a batch of entries as in the examples shown.
I suppose some users are though and as multiple entries are logged in the relatively short time such flights are being picked up by RB, generating the log based on the ModeS code  rather than the Flight ID within the inception to time out period would eliminate the problem.
Maybe not really enough of a problem to go to the the trouble of modding the software, - just an idea.

regards,

Syd

Runway 31

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 04:28:00 PM »
When it took off from Prestwick yeaterday its flight ID was showing as 1 EGPKKP instead of EIA5127