anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Numbers in 'MyFlights'  (Read 2222 times)

TONY

Numbers in 'MyFlights'
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:05:37 PM »
I would like to compare the numbers I see in MyFlights just to understand if everything is working ok.
At the moment I can see 108 flights with 'SHOW ALL' on. If I go to 'ADBS-B' only, this comes down to just 35 of which over 1/3rd are not showing a route.
I know that these figures very over time, but I have been looking at this for a while and they seem to keep to 1/3rd ADS-B AND 1/3rd no route.
Question is, are these figures normal?????

TONY

tetrode

Re: Numbers in 'MyFlights'
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 03:33:29 PM »
Seem normal to me...though you're lucky to have 108 in MyFlights!! (22 here at the moment!)

I usually have between 1/3 and 1/2 of MyFlights as ADS-B and sometimes quite a few with no route.

Doesn't sound like a problem!

Ken...

radarspotter10

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 04:42:41 PM »
I would like to compare the numbers I see in MyFlights just to understand if everything is working ok.
At the moment I can see 108 flights with 'SHOW ALL' on. If I go to 'ADBS-B' only, this comes down to just 35 of which over 1/3rd are not showing a route.
I know that these figures very over time, but I have been looking at this for a while and they seem to keep to 1/3rd ADS-B AND 1/3rd no route.
Question is, are these figures normal?????

TONY
hi TONY.
I know what your thinking tony,  will i go for a better aerial,  maybe get the aerial another 200 feet higher,  or move house to the top of mountain,  or just buy a preamp.
Tony its all money, what i have got is what i can afford,  but height is might as far as aerial are concerned .
Have a good Christmas TONY

Hawkeye

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 05:26:44 PM »
I have often wondered if the number of flights listed in 'My Flights' is dependant on the sensitivity of the users Radarbox, -  ie if several boxes were tested at the same location, with the same antenna etc, would they all get the same results? Put another way, are some better than others?

Also, obviously the users location, antenna position etc will be the main factor in the number of flights received, but would it be correct to assume that whatever range pattern the polar diagram shows, any ADS-B /Mode S flight at the same level or above the maximum height receivable at the 'fade' points will be picked up anywhere within it?

regards,

Syd