anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Antenna Alternatives  (Read 10138 times)

9M-ISJ

Re: Antenna Alternatives
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 01:54:04 PM »
Hi

I am interested to know if anybody has found a 'rubber duck' type antenna that works well with the RB??

I am thinking that for day trips abroad (hand luggage only) it would be a better option than taking the stock one - which I am sure some idiot BAA security bod will sooner or later see as a threat to aviation security (along with knitting needles and tweasers)

Gulfstream

Blackthorn

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 05:08:48 AM »
I would think the lower gain of a rubber duck antenna would make it not suitable for the RB, you could always try a telescopic whip and extend it to the correct length to match the required frequency.

Terry

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2008, 10:49:24 AM »
hi Oceans777,
                    Sorry in the delay in answering your question as i`ve just returned from holiday.Yes the BS1100 is well made and sturdy,i`ve had mine up for 2 years and no sign of corrosion,still with the coax i put up there with it on day one.I use the Elad pre-amp and get very good results,i`m going to put a length of westflex up shortly as the coax i`m using is the thin stuff so again with better coax i hope for better results.The BS1100 is more expensive but as with everything you only get what you pay for.Hope this helps you.

Regards Terry.

P.S I bought the high gain whip that accompanies the antenna.have not uised the whip that comes with it.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 10:52:25 AM by Terry »

9M-ISJ

« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 05:56:43 PM »
Bump.... going back to a really old query of mine.

Has anybody found antenna that can be take in ones carryon that is less 'pointy' than the supplied one??

Planning a trip out to the Far East next year and this will involve a fair bit of hand luggage only flying.

Cheers
Paul