AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone use Planeplotter ? What exactly does it do ?  (Read 7994 times)

dl1812

Re: Anyone use Planeplotter ? What exactly does it do ?
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 01:29:32 PM »
Two BIG advantages of PlanePlotter are...
1) Access to ALL network data not just your local data
2) MLAT capability to locate non positional MODE-S traffic
I use PP alongside RadarBox, I use PP to obtain data for network flights (RB doesn't allow this) and RB to view local traffic (better GUI) and upload to both networks, although I no longer subscribe to the RB network.

Please excuse me if this a dumb question, but does RB's removal of the 5 minute delayed feed make PP more or less desirable ?
I've been toying with downloading it, but my IT skills are certainly not at the levels of some on here - so please speak slowly :o)))

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 01:42:45 PM »
Please excuse me if this a dumb question, but does RB's removal of the 5 minute delayed feed make PP more or less desirable ?
I've been toying with downloading it, but my IT skills are certainly not at the levels of some on here - so please speak slowly :o)))

Y - E - S  :-)

Now that AirNav have followed Kinetic and removed the delay in the data that RadarBox and SBS/BaseStation send to PlanePlotter, it won't be long before PP is able to offer a completely real-time network for a one-off fee.

And PP's other existing advantages (plotting non-ADS-B aircraft via multilateration, Google Earth integration, etc) will of course remain.

PP can be a little tricky to set up, particularly if you plan to upload to the multilateration network (which isn't mandatory) so joining the PP Yahoo Group, at least until you're up and running, is highly recommended.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

dl1812

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 02:17:18 PM »

Y - E - S  :-)

Now that AirNav have followed Kinetic and removed the delay in the data that RadarBox and SBS/BaseStation send to PlanePlotter, it won't be long before PP is able to offer a completely real-time network for a one-off fee.

And PP's other existing advantages (plotting non-ADS-B aircraft via multilateration, Google Earth integration, etc) will of course remain.

PP can be a little tricky to set up, particularly if you plan to upload to the multilateration network (which isn't mandatory) so joining the PP Yahoo Group, at least until you're up and running, is highly recommended.

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for that; I shall investigate. And thanks for speaking slowly :o)