AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Screen Resolution Problems on Netbook  (Read 4712 times)

Bethsalem

Screen Resolution Problems on Netbook
« on: November 18, 2009, 11:10:39 AM »
My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but how on earth do you resize the Preferences screen so you can apply changes on a netbook with 1024 x 600 resolution? I've tried resizing the font dpi and changing the screen resolution to 800 x 600 and nothing works.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Screen Resolution Problems on Netbook
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 11:22:52 AM »
Have you tried this using the latest beta, we made the buttons in the preferences box static so they wouldn't dissapear of the screen if you had low resolution or screen size.

Keep your resolution high and then change fonts to as small as possible and then try.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Bethsalem

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 01:20:36 PM »
Thanks Support for your reply.  I've done as you've suggested and no joy, the "apply", etc. buttons are still not visible on the "General" tab in "Preferences".  I'm using a D150 Acer netbook running XP SP3, if that's any help.

voyager8

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 01:40:36 PM »
Hi Bethsalem,I had the same problem on my Samsung NC10 netbook.Fortunatley it has the ability to rotate the programme on the screen by 90 degree turns by pressing the `fn' + ALT + right or left arrow key together which turns the prefferences box by 90 degrees and I can then access the apply & ok buttons to save settings.To return to normal press `fn' + ALT + up arrow key.Not sure if this can be done on an Acer but check your manual or try contacting Acer support to see if it can do this by maybe using different keys.Hope this may help you.Regards Paul.

Bethsalem

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 02:09:25 PM »
Thanks Voyager8, but it didn't help, I should have bought a Samsung netbook instead!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 02:28:56 PM »
I don't know if the Acer D150 lets you do this, but on my Samsung NC10 I can set a screen resolution BIGGER than the native resolution, and get to the buttons that way.  I think I used 1024x768.

voyager8

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 03:04:28 PM »
Hi Bethsalem,sorry to hear that,just tried it on my Toshiba 17" laptop,works on that too.I know I said press the keys together,should have said press FN (hold down) then press ALT (hold down) then press the right or left arrow key.It could also be that the rotate feature is not enabled in your graphics settings, (the folowing works with an Intel graphics media accelerator fitted),right click anywhere on the desktop,left click on graphics properties option.The Intel box should open,left click display settings tab,check the enable rotation box is ticked,left click apply,close the box.Try the fn alt & arrow key again,if still no good contact Acer support for advice.Regards Paul.

Bethsalem

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 09:00:02 AM »
Thanks again voyager8.  The options in the Intel box on the Acer doesn't give you the option of rotation.  I'll contact Acer support as you suggest and if they provide a solution that works I'll post it on the forum, just in case anyone else has had the same problem.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 09:02:58 AM »
Did you try changing the screen resolution?

Bethsalem

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 10:17:05 AM »
Tarbat, there are only two screen resolution options with this netbook - 800 x 600 or 1024 x 600.  I've been on the Intel site and there are no updated drivers for this model which support ( ) x 768 or ( ) x 800 horizontal resolution that's needed.  There is a hack (ac1ctl) which is a Windows utility which gives the higher resolution needed, unfortunately it's not compatible with this model of netbook :(