AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Help required for upgrading to V3.06 and any future version  (Read 2918 times)

phil zech

Help required for upgrading to V3.06 and any future version
« on: October 06, 2009, 03:41:41 PM »
Afternoon All,

Not being an expert with computers , I am finding difficult to understand how to download new versions. I'm sure I'm not alone judging by some of the postings on the forum !!

I currently have V2.01 and have had for about a year. I have updated Database Explorer over the past 12 months , I am worried that all the changes I have made might be lost after upgrading.

Please could some kind soul out there or AirNav , produce an idiots guide to downloading new versions and where they should go , Virtual store etc . Is it a full install or upgrade. By the way I am on Vista.

I am sure iI have nothing to worry about with regard to database but....

I was going to wait for the public version but the Realtime Network  has persuaded me to do for the beta version !!

Thanks for all your help as always.

King regards

Phil

Fenris

Re: Help required for upgrading to V3.06 and any future version
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 03:52:45 PM »
A simple way of protecting the data you have is simply to copy the entire directory where you have RB installed to somewhere safe.

I would suggest that you leave the v2.01 installation alone, download the new full installer for the 3.06 beta, and then install it outside the virtual store and allow it to choose its own directory which should include the v3.06 beta designation.

Then, before you start it up, copy the navdata.db3 and mylog.db3 files from your saved directory and place them in the newly installed directory.

That should do it, you will then have a clean installation of the new and it should then just work quite happily.

OK?

phil zech

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 08:01:59 PM »
Brian,

Thanks for that.

When you say entire directory , do you mean the "data" folder, or is it something else.

What do you mean by somewhere safe,  "my docs" for example ?

Sorry to be a pain but want to get it right first time.

Thanks again for your help

Cheers

Phil

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 08:15:50 PM »
Phil

Yes, My Docs would be fine, but I would copy the whole of the AirNav RadarBox 2009 folder, which will include the data folder.

The REALLY important file is MyLog.db3, assuming you want to keep the log of aircraft that your RadarBox has ever "seen". Another important file is Navdata.db3, the database. Both of these are in the data folder.

Hope that helps.

Rod
Rod