AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Merge Database  (Read 3065 times)

Spaice

Merge Database
« on: June 23, 2009, 08:03:09 AM »
I need youre advice on the best way to merge the databases, I have around 7,000 records in the RB v2 software and now that I have installed RB V3 in a seperate folder I have around 1700 records on V3.  What is the best way to combine the database from version 2 into version 3?

Regards

Stephen

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Merge Database
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 11:17:32 AM »
Stephen,

There isn't really an easy was of merging the databases.  You can copy the following 2 files from your old installation to the new one if you wish:

NavData.db3 - this is your source database of aircraft information

MyLog.db3 - this is the historic record of the aircraft you have picked up in the past.

Spaice

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 12:19:09 PM »
Thanks Allocator, if I copy the files across from RB V2 this would overwrite the information allready gathered in  RB V, allthough thats not a great deal at themoment and I guess I would soon pick most of them up again anyway.

REgards

Stephen

jgrloit

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 12:27:19 PM »
An set of Export and Import via CSV files would make a lot of sense.
It would also enable users to sort the table during the reload process, and do batch edits on the CSV files - to correct known errors on Shortform of Aircraft type - etc.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Spaice

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 12:35:23 PM »
Perhaps this could go on the wish list for the the next version, this would make it a simple process.