anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radarbox & City Airport?  (Read 2771 times)

catman

Radarbox & City Airport?
« on: May 29, 2009, 06:31:36 PM »
Whenever I have my radarbox on I can see most planes from my antenna however occasionally I'll have flights more or less directly over my house from London City Airport and I can see them perfectly in the sky but my radarbox is showing nothing, can anyone tell me if this is an official "bug"?

I've noticed this is more on a turboprop plane then any other plane however I am getting this with other planes too, can anyone shine some light on this subject?

Many thanks

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Radarbox & City Airport?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 06:44:15 PM »
At a guess, they're probably not equipped with ADSB equipment?
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

theripper

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 06:46:41 PM »
That seems perfectly normal to me as most aircraft flying into LCY are not ADS-B equipped (like Dash 8, ERJ135,...). They should show up on the aircraft list but do not send any position data, so they will not be visible on the map. An exception might be the BAEs as a lot of them are ADS-B equipped.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 06:54:56 PM »
When Version 2.1 comes along, most of the aircraft should show Fliight ID's (and therfore logos), but, as the last two posts say, they can't appear on the map because of their lack of ADS-B.

Rod
Rod

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 08:09:57 PM »
When Version 2.1 comes along, most of the aircraft should show Flight ID's (and therefore logos)

And routes, as well.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

catman

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 07:25:26 AM »
Thanks for that, just wanted to check I hadn't somehow set up my box/antenna wrong.

Can't wait till Version 2.1!