AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Populate and Databases  (Read 4483 times)

Hawkeye

Populate and Databases
« on: March 24, 2009, 02:33:29 PM »
Can't remember if this has been brought up before, I think it might have but can't find anything in forum topics.

My Aircraft and Route databases are populating ok, but everytime I close RB and start up again, the updates have not been saved.

For instance, after a short session today, the figures were 81233 and 124375 when I shut down. On restart, they were 81170 and 124373 and these are the figures they always revert to.

Any ideas why this is happening and does anyone else have this occur?

Syd

jgrloit

Re: Populate and Databases
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 02:56:36 PM »
Please supply details of the Operating System you are using, and the version of RB, plus any other background information that could be useful.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 05:24:37 PM »
It should save to the database after every update. When you close RadarBox do you notice any error messages, does it close fully?

Also rather than comparing the count its displaying have you tried entering a route or aircraft and then closing down RB a few minutes after that and then checking for that aircraft or route?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Hawkeye

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 08:35:31 PM »
Re Reply#1,

Hi jgrloit

I'm using the 32bit Vista system and have been since early December. Have had RB 2009 installed since it was released last August when I was running XP
I must admit I don't know when this problem began because to be honest, it wasn't often I looked at Database Explorer until this problem became apparent. I do know that in the past, new entries have been saved and the database had built up considerably above what it is now, but  am not sure whether this was before I re-installed 2009 on going to Vista

AirNav Radarbox is installed in Program Files\ AirNav Systems\Airnav RadarBox2009 by the way.

Re Reply#2

Airnav Support

RadarBox closes down cleanly without any error messages.  Apart from clicking on a line without a registration, I don't know of the way to enter an aircraft or route.
Because the database does increase, and not by the same number every time, it would appear to me that the only problem is one of not saving the updated data.

Regards

Syd

Hawkeye

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 08:59:55 PM »
Just looked at my Airnav data files in the Airnav folder and found that Mylog.db3 is constantly updating, but NavDat.db3 hasn't updated since 25.1.09 

Syd

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 09:10:57 PM »
Syd,

I can't see any detail on the picture I'm afraid - it's a bit too small.

If you right click on the file and look at properties, it's not marked "Read Only" by any chance?

jgrloit

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 09:13:59 PM »
A slightly daft question - are you seeing .bd3.bak files and .db3.journal files of todays date?

It looks on my system as though the actual .db3 file is updated from the .db3.bak file at closedown.
my navman.db3 file is dated yesterday - session start while the .db3.bak and .db3.journal files are current timed.

My system is running under Vista as well!!!
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Hawkeye

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 10:01:41 PM »
Hi Allocator,

Sorry about the piccy, any bigger would be over the 300kb limit.
No, the read only box is unticked.
Thanks anyway,

jgrloit,

Thank you too,
The Navdata.db3.bak file has not updated since 25 Jan either
Both the .db3-jounal files are updating about every 4 secs as are the MyLog.db3 ones.
I don't have a Navman .db3 file in the folder so it would appear you've hit on the reason for the problem. No idea how the heck it's gone missing.  What does it do and what's the purpose of the journal files?
Checking photos data, they haven't been updating either so it would seem that I have nothing to lose by doing a 2009 reinstall, providing I copy my Mylog and Journal files and overwrite the basic ones.
Any other comments would be appreciated.

Thanks again to both of you

Syd

jgrloit

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 10:06:57 PM »
Sorry navdata not navman....     slight keying error!!!

EGNXR

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 08:35:33 AM »
When you installed RB did you install it in
C:\Program Files\AirnavRadarboxB2009
If you did this may be the root of your problem as the DB3 files ends up in a virtual file on Vista. I had similar problems when I first installed.
The cure for this is to uninstall RB and reinstall direct on to C:\. This should cure the virtual file problem and everything updates and backs up correctly.

Back up your Mylogs and Navdata before you uninstal then paste them back into the data file in AirnavRadarbox2009 after you reinstall so you keep all your data.
If you do a search for the Navdata.DB3 on c:\ check the option for seaching hidden files/folders. This is covered in another thread posted before.

edit just found this link
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2110.msg17463#msg17463

Im sorry if the above is a bit double dutch but i've just finished a night shift.
If some one hasn't already picked up the batton i'll come back to this thread when i get up.

HTH Cheers John
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 08:43:54 AM by EGNXR »
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 08:46:09 AM »
See the Vista FAQ at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1570.0

Your updates will be in Vistas Virtual Store.

My advice - DON'T install in the default "Program Files" folder.  Instead, make a new folder called something like C:\Programs, and install in that folder.  You can then use that folder for any other programs that need to update their own files.

Hawkeye

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 02:26:02 PM »
Thanks a lot EGNXR & Tarbat,

I uninstalled 2009 and reinstalled in a new folder in C:\ as you suggested and Aircraft & Route databases are now populating and saving on closing RB.

It appears that my NavData.db3 file was somehow corrupted because when I transferred the copy I saved into the new installation, a message saying so came up at the validating stage on program start up. On clicking 'OK' the remaining start up stages progressed and on clicking 'Start, it did and the newly populated entries were saved on exit.
Unfortunately, I'm having build up the database again from the 'basic' one which comes with the program, bit it's already doing so quite nicely.

All very odd but thanks to you guys, 'problem solved'

regards,

Syd