AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Laptop or Notebook  (Read 3502 times)

grumpypsat

Laptop or Notebook
« on: February 15, 2009, 10:01:52 AM »
Hello, at the moment I am using the SBS system but I m thinking of changing over to RB,what I need to know is can the the RB be installed onto a notebook or does it have to a laptop or PC

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Laptop or Notebook
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 10:13:39 AM »
I run RB2009 on a Samsung NC10 without any problems.  See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1413.msg14430#msg14430

All you need to do is switch to 1024x768 display when adjusting any preferences.  Otherwise, it runs perfectly on the 1024x600 native resolution.

grumpypsat

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 11:08:03 AM »
Thanks for the reply, but how do you download the RB onto the netbook if it does not have a disc drive, as you can tell I am not very good on computers

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 11:14:02 AM »
do you have access to the internet on your netbook? if so just download the software from the Airnav website, support for the radarbox.

Stuart

jgrloit

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2009, 11:33:31 AM »
Alternative methods are:-

1. Network the Netbook and a PC or laptop with a CDROM drive and share the CDROM drive to allow you to run the install software from the remote drive.

2. Copy the contents of the CDROM onto a Memory Stick, and then use that on the Netbook to run the software from.
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

grumpypsat

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 11:43:21 AM »
Thank you all, I will use the memory stick as soon as I buy the the notebook hopyfully by the end of the week

rogerl

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2009, 12:36:34 PM »
Runs fine on my Asus 901. Obviously there are screen size limitations you would have to live with!