anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ALERT!!! Sound File  (Read 7338 times)

Tailwinds

ALERT!!! Sound File
« on: November 15, 2008, 12:45:21 PM »
I'm very grateful for the Logo and Flags files that members make for us to use but has anybody thought about making an Alert sound file? I don't have a microphone otherwise I would of made an alert using voice. I don't like the default Beep sound with ANRB and I don't really fancy using any of the Windows sound files. Just an idea.

I have a Satellite tracking program and a member of that community made a terrific set of sound files for alerting you when a Satellite or the ISS is approaching your horizon One of which goes like this...."Notice....three minute entry warning to Satellite acquisition". Great stuff.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: ALERT!!! Sound File
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 12:51:49 PM »
At the moment we only have one set of alerts for any of the events that can trigger it.

We're hoping that there will be a more sophisticated alert system in the next version, and with any luck we'll be able to have different sounds for different events. It might be an idea to wait until we find out how that works before devoting any time to producing alert sounds.

Rod
Rod

Tailwinds

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 01:09:37 PM »
I appreciate what you say Rod and it would be great if some kind of enhancement could be done in this area in future versions but even having just the One Alert sound file to replace the already existing deafult would be enough to be getting on with. That was really the jist of my post.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 01:29:09 PM »
Tailwinds, why not try a search of WAV files on your PC.  I just did a search, found 1000's of files, with some very (in-)appropriate ones in my X-Planes and FlightSim folders!!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 01:43:58 PM »
Tarbat is right, flight sim folders have loads of wav files.

We have on here with the "Traffic" alert sound as you would get on a TCAS warning system.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tailwinds

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 02:40:32 PM »
Thanks Airnav Support...the "Traffic" file would be a good one to use from the Flight Sim. Didn't think of that.

RodBearden

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 03:07:42 PM »
I actually change mine regularly, mainly using sounds from the Space Cadet pinball game.

Rod
Rod

Tailwinds

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 06:49:00 PM »
We have on here with the "Traffic" alert sound as you would get on a TCAS warning system.

Where did you get your "Traffic" alert sound from? I can't find it in the sounds folder of FSX. 

RodBearden

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 07:01:38 PM »
You might find some useful sounds here - it's freeware: http://www.projectmagenta.com/products/pmsounds.html.

Rod
Rod