anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Flights tracking delay  (Read 4329 times)

phil zech

My Flights tracking delay
« on: November 04, 2008, 06:15:40 PM »
Evening All,

When I am connected to Network flights but viewing My Flights Screen ,is it normal for the aircraft showing in My Flights to stop moving on the map for a view seconds whilst " Connecting to RadarBox Server" message shows at bottom of screen.

It probably is, but I have been so engrossed by everything since I got ANRB 4 weeks ago I hadnt really noticed before !!

Regards

Phil

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: My Flights tracking delay
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2008, 08:33:53 PM »
Hi Phil,

How fast is your computer and are you using the latest 2009 RadarBox software version?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tailwinds

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2008, 09:05:45 PM »
Hi..

I'm noticing this pausing as well when connected to the Network. It's constantly connecting to the Radar Box Network Server every 20/30 seconds and then says, Network Flight data successfully Updated. I am using the 2009 software. Is this normal? I consider my PC very fast considering I built it specially to run the processor demanding Flight Simulator-FSX.
Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

phil zech

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 11:15:56 PM »
Hi Air Nav,

I have a Intel Core  Duo  T 8100   2.10 GHz processor.

I am using RB 2009 version , downloaded as soon as ANRB arrived.

Is that the info you require ?

Problem is as  exactly as Tailwinds described.

Cheers

Phil

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 11:22:30 PM »
This is just a normal process of the data being downloaded and the screen refreshed of the network flights. It shouldn't really cause a long delay and just be a max 3 seconds from start to finish (mainly a 1- 2 seconds)
[email protected]

oceans777

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 12:40:52 AM »
Check your anti virus software - it may be scanning every download or activity in Radar Box. Today I was going through Advanced Settings in Eset NOD32 anti virus on my machine and noticed it had automatically identified RB as a "web browser" and was monitoring it for suspicious activity as well as checking all data coming in and out from the network.

Since removing it from the list the pauses and unresponsive network while RB updates seem to be less frequent. Not dramatic but better.
On a 1 Gbps LAN connection connected to a 9900 kbps down/957 kbps up cable connection, RB often drags my whole network to a stop while it updates and becomes very sluggish.

May not make any difference but worth checking.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2008, 08:34:55 AM »
I don't think RB will be doing this "drags my whole network to a stop". The file it downloads for the updates is less than 250k.
[email protected]

Tailwinds

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2008, 10:36:04 AM »
Ok, my Airnav Radar is working as it should this morning. I am experiencing no issues with regard to "Pausing" while the connection to servers takes place on the Network, ie, every 30 seconds. It seems (with me), that something odd was going on last night when the update was taking at least 10 seconds to update thus causing the tracked flights to pause momentarily. I have heard that some ISP's will slow your connection down during busy or peak periods. I wonder if that's what may have caused it.

Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2008, 11:17:55 AM »
If you experience any slow periods, do a speed test of your connection (many websites for you to do this) just to check whether your ISP is just busy.

If we find cases where it might be our server we will look into it however our servers currently have plenty of bandwidth.
[email protected]