anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: It's been a while...  (Read 3403 times)

GlynH

It's been a while...
« on: August 19, 2014, 10:44:58 PM »
...four years or so judging from my last post!

Haven't used my Radarboxes at all and have switched from PC to Mac in that time.

Having used first Fusion and then Parallels I decided to go the Bootcamp route on my iMac & MacBook Air installing Windows 7.

Installed Office and updated everything Microsoft.

Installed both of my WiNRADiO suites without incident and decided to raise my RadarBox from the dead.

Found ANRB50065 and the 50071 update.

Installed in that order and all seemed well.

Plugged in one of my RB's and the green power LED shone brightly alongside the flashing blue USB LED but then got the dreaded 'Driver not recognised' popup in the USB tool tray.

Decided to run the software anyway (I mean what could possibly go wrong with the latest software on a virgin Win7 installation) but of course it didn't see either RB1 or RB2.

Decided to logon anyway and put in my Username & Password only to be told 'Username & Password do not match'

Hmmm...welcome back to the wonderful World of AirNav RadarBox!

So I decided to point the software to where the drivers should be so Device Manager/Driver/Update/Search Automatically but that didn't find anything.

Device Manager/Driver/Update/Browse My Computer/BOOTCAMP/C:\Program Files (x86)\AirNav Systems and check Include subfolders and hit Next.

Win 7 complains about drivers not being signed but I plough on regardless.

Looking good...found;

C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ftdibus.sys
C:\Windows\system32\ftbusui.dll
C:\Windows\system32\ftd2xx.dll
C:\Windows\system32\FTLang.dll
C:\Windows\syswow64\ftd2xx.dll

Reboot system and tried again.

Software still doesn't recognise RB1 or RB2

Device Manager is showing the asterisk against Universal Serial Bus Controllers/AirNav RadarBox.

Tried unsuccessfully to update drivers but am told that Windows has determined the driver software for my device is up to date as well it should be as I did download the latest versions from here!

So here's the thing. A nice, shiny new install of Win 7 upset by attempting what should have been a straightforward install.

Where did I go wrong?

What have I missed?

Answers on a postcard please...:)

Would appreciate any help/advice/hints/tips anyone might have to get ANRB software to play nice on my system and how on earth I might be able to log on using what used to be my Username/Password dating back to 2008 or thereabouts.

I'm beginning to feel like I have opened a can of worms here...

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Runway 31

Re: It's been a while...
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 07:17:52 AM »
Hi Glynn,

Is it a 64bit installation of Windows you have?.  If so you will need the drivers from the support page.  http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/ANRB/drivers/ANRB64bitDrivers.zip

Regarding passwords etc support@airnavsystems should be in a position to help.  Probably die to a new installation on a new computer and will require a rest at their end.

I note you installed to the programme files location, I would have avoided this and went with c:Airnav or the like to avoid virtual store issues but it wont affect your driver issue.

Alan
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 09:15:34 AM by Runway 31 »

GlynH

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 01:14:49 PM »
Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction Alan.

I have downloaded the files from the link you provided and am left with the following files;

/amd (I'll ignore these as I am on Intel)

/i386
ftbusui.dll
ftcserco.dll
ftd2xx.dll
ftd2xx.lib
ftdibus.sys
ftlang.dll
ftser2k.sys
ftserui2.dll

/root;
ftd2xx.h
ftdibus.cat
ftdibus.inf
ftdiport.cat
ftdiport.inf

There is no read.me nor any other documentation included.

Now I could take a guess on what I should do to successfully install these files but I would have thought there should be some instruction or even installer to ensure the drivers are installed correctly?

I find it incredible (and frustrating) that there is no mention in the original installer or upgrade of the need for a different set of drivers if using Win7 64-bit (unless I missed them) and no installation procedure for installing the 64-bit drivers after they are discovered.

The last thing I wanted when installing on a virgin install is to faff about with drivers on a new software installation.

Anyway I followed my educated guess and now I have the drivers installed and recognising RB1.

Why does it look for RB2?

All I need now is to sort out with AirNav why my login credentials do not authenticate and take it from there.

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:47:28 PM by GlynH »

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 01:54:32 PM »
I guess you have downloaded and extracted the 64bit drivers to somewhere on your computer.

Now go to Devices and Printers and you will find your Radarbox probably under unspecified.

Right click on it and in the pop up window, click on Properties, now click on the Hardware Tab, then Properties, then Change Settings, then Driver, then Update Driver, then Browse My computer for Driver Software, Browse and direct the box to where you have saved the extracted drivers too and once you have done that press Next and your drivers should install.

Alan