anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NavData Airline Fleets  (Read 2611 times)

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
NavData Airline Fleets
« on: June 16, 2013, 12:17:56 PM »
Here's an automated report that's based on the current (today's) aircraft database.

http://navdata.atwebpages.com/NavDataAirlineFleets.pdf

It was primarily intended for the plane spotter but may be of interest to others.

If there are any spotters that would like to link their own log to the database and have a pre-lined fleet list with both registrations and frames, send me a PM. To do this there's quite a lot of initial work in formatting your records to link up with the db, but the result is amazing and well worth the effort.

I also create in the process a marked up NavData.db3 that allows you to see if you've logged an aircraft registration or frame from the RadarBox grid view or map.

We're still in the process of standardising the database but the main work has been done. If anyone spots any errors please let Alan know on the db update topic.

I also have Bizjet and Military Transport lists.

Andrew
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:19:35 PM by andrewarles »
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
Re: NavData Airline Fleets
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:43:10 AM »
Hi Andrew

This is very interesting.

I'd certainly be interested in the Bizjet listing.

Hopefully, the forum community will be able to disect listings such as this and help you guys more with keeping the database moving forward.

It's much easier looking at a list like this than trawling through the database explorer on the system!

I presume the link represents the database at a snap-shot in time, rather than "live"? 

To be honest, it looks as professional as many of the costly products available to purchase from the many different resources world-wide!

It's a credit to all the hard work and dedication you Orkney, Alan and ACW have put into the task!

Regards

Rich

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
Re: NavData Airline Fleets
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 10:17:58 PM »
Hi Rich,

You're correct in saying that the database is a snap-shot in time and not live.

To convert the raw "aircraft" table in to the attached format takes alot of processor time (around 35min) before reports can be generated.

However, I can take a snap-shot of the db at any time.  For example, if someone's going off to the US for a spotting holiday, let me know a few days before and I can run off an up to date fleet list of US operators before they leave.

Andrew
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.