AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New RadarBox locations  (Read 7645 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
New RadarBox locations
« on: March 28, 2008, 11:50:39 AM »
I see we've now got Hong Kong online - apparently with a good view of the runways. New locations are popping up all the time - Cyprus, USA, South America, even North Africa - this is great!

Has Development thought about the network flights list when it gets into the thousands? Might it be an idea to have a filter for Region, or some other mechanism for restricting the list apart from just the normal filtering?

Rod
Rod

Robin

Re: New RadarBox locations
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 01:19:55 PM »
I've not seen anything from HKG VHHH yet - how active are they?

RodBearden

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 03:36:43 PM »
VHHH seems to pop up pretty regularly, and with Allocator's outline of the airport, it works a treat - well worth keepng an eye on!

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 06:11:04 PM »
Has Development thought about the network flights list when it gets into the thousands? Might it be an idea to have a filter for Region, or some other mechanism for restricting the list apart from just the normal filtering?

We've asked development for this already, so might be worth you adding your voice to the original feature request thread at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=507.msg3767

Was supposed to be in development for v1.5, so maybe it will be in v1.6.  Airnav Development, any update on that?

An option to restrict network downloads to what would be visible on your current map view seems an obvious option to me, and is exactly how Planeplotter handles the situation.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 06:14:06 PM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 07:24:40 PM »
Don't think we said it was in development for 1.5 or 1.6. We have noted it down however we do not feel its is priority at this stage as the network download file is still small (in terms of average connection speed) at busy times.

Of course as the network grows it will be more a priority but at this stage it isn't.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RodBearden

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2008, 08:39:34 PM »
Support - I don't think that we're too worried about the file sizes, more about the length of the grid list that we have to grapple with. As noted elsewhere, the grid's behaviour is a bit jerky at the best of times, and the ability to not have Brazilian flights mixed up with Greek or Japanese ones would be useful.

Tarbat's map link idea sounds good, too.

But I'd still want the option to see them all!

EDIT - Oops - sorry folks - I see there is concern about download file sizes too - all grist to the mill!

Rod
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 08:46:08 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 08:54:00 PM »
You can set the list to show only flights in a certain country, by using the filter "flying over".
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2008, 07:43:18 AM »
Don't think we said it was in development for 1.5 or 1.6. We have noted it down however we do not feel its is priority at this stage as the network download file is still small (in terms of average connection speed) at busy times.
You said in the other thread "Very difficult to have this ready for V1.4 as it is almost out but copied for the next one".   I assumed when you said "next one" you meant v1.5.

You can set the list to show only flights in a certain country, by using the filter "flying over".
That doesn't really help if you live on the coast.  I need to show flights over Scotland and the Atlantic and England.  I currently find the aircraft list unusable, it really needs an option to only show aircraft in the list that are within range of the current map view.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2008, 08:00:31 AM »
Displaying aircraft within a certain distance in your flight list is possible without too much changes.

However you mentioned actually downloading only those from the server which requires much more changes (more server processing) and may have an adverse affect on the server.
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2008, 08:17:17 AM »
Well, a 2-stage development would be great.  Firstly, introduce a change to allow an option to only display aircraft in the list that appear on the map.  Then, as the network population increases, look at server changes to reduce the network load.

Hosch

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2008, 07:28:24 PM »
Luxembourg Airport (ELLX) is online. Mostly local traffic (Luxair) and cargo traffic. Enjoy.

CZUL

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2008, 08:48:38 PM »
Montreal, Quebec Canada

Will be up in the next 2 hours. Ladder, roof...you know....

Regards
Paul

asecna

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 09:08:57 AM »
Here it is. I just plugged a new box in Dakar, Senegal (GOOY). I plan to plug the outdoor antenna but must find a 12V power source for the LNA.
Cheers