AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mylog database  (Read 2540 times)

hofs

Mylog database
« on: January 30, 2013, 01:22:15 PM »
Hello
Today i removed radarbox software from the computer because i have a lot of problems from not displaying til freezing.
I installed the last software version 4.03 and it is runniong again.
If i look in mylog i can see the flights from today but there is no historie from before. Also the photos only show the 800 flights from today but not the 30.000 in the database
If i look in my log data base there is 30.208 kb data .
How can i read this data and shouldn't it also be in mylog on the screen.?
Fred

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
Re: Mylog database
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 01:51:21 PM »
Hi Fred,

The same happened to me, computer crashed and ended up with a corrupt MyLog file and lost all MyLog records in the RB software.

(Just last night I had a blue screen and restart, and lost the last 3 days MyLog)

However, in my case the data was still there.  It appears that the RB software checks the integrity of the MyLog file on start up, and if the file is corrupt, it doesn't load the data.

I played around with a few sqlite programs, copying/importing/exporting tables from one file to another, and I finally recovered maybe 50% of the MyLog.  I couldn't find a way to repair the damaged table.

I would suggest firstly making a backup of your 30mb MyLog file, then try exporting all data into excel format with the RB export tool that was developed by one of our forum members.  Then import the same data into a new MyLog file and see if that corrects it.

Does anyone else have any other ideas?

I hope that AirNav will be looking at the backup procedure for the next RB release, I've lost a lot of data because of this!

Andrew

16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 02:20:22 PM »
Fred,

I belive the data is moved into the mylog etc when you close down therefor if the computer crashes or is not stopped in the correct manner you will loose everything since its last controlled shut down,

Regarding the photos you must have more than one photo folder if you have one with 800 photos and one with 30,000 and it may be the same with the data folder which holds the mylog file

Have you had a look at how many instances of Radarbox you have on your computer as if you have more than one photo folder, you must have more than one instance of Radarbox.  It may be prudent to have a look and to remove the additional instances to save the computer and its software getting mixed up. Also if you are having freezing problems did you follow the advice not to install to the deault programe files location.

You should be able to move the photos between the photo folders but to combine the mylog will be a different matter and would suggest you use the methods described by Andrew.

It makes sense to back up on a regular basis,any data that you hold dear and store it somewhere that it will be safe from a computer malfunction.  My main hard drive failed a short time ago but fortunately I had kept copies of things I need on a portable hard disk and was able to add them back in without loosing too much.

Alan
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 02:22:23 PM by Runway 31 »

andrewarles

• Database Updaters
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 02:38:42 PM »
Fred,

Reading Alan's reply makes me wonder if you installed your RB software in a different location?

As Alan suggested, do a search on C:\ for multiple MyLog.db3 files.

It maybe that your latest software is installed elsewhere and is not looking at the 30mb MyLog.db3

Andrew
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 04:57:01 PM by andrewarles »
16 NM SSW of LFMV (Avignon)
27 NM NW of LFML (Marseille)
Arles, France.

hofs

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 03:25:13 PM »
Hello Andrew and Alan
I have made a backup of the 3.01 version a few month a go on my external hdd.
Today i removed and installed the software like i told you.
I then tried to put the data from the hdd to the newly installed 4.03 software.
If i look in the data base its al in there except mylog db3 shows only 19 kb from today.
Mylog db3 bak 29751kb. Nav dat db3 19030kb . and nav dat db3 bak 22461kb
If i look in the photo folder there are 26540 items
If i look in the mylog screen and select photos then i see 160 photos . 
How do i get the mylogdb3 and the mylog db3bak  connected?
 I also installed the old version from the external hdd and upgraded it with the 4.03 version and with the latest data upgrade.
The result is the same . Only data from today .
Best regards Fred

hofs

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 03:38:17 PM »
Hello Andrew and Alan
If i select explore photo folder in mylog photo's i get al the pictures.
Is this normal or do i have to connect these two?
Fred

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 03:46:24 PM »
Fred, 

If you installed the 3.01 and then uograded to 4.13 you will definately have 2 installations of Radarbox which will cause you problems, some of them you are experiencing now.

I hope you dont think I am being cheeky but I think you will require to use one or the other mylogs as I dont think you will have the computer skills to use something like is being discussed here.  http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7204.msg84526#msg84526

Alan

hofs

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 04:19:03 PM »
Hello Alan
After i tried the 3.01 version with the upgrade to 4.03 i removed it from the computer because it didnt work.
After that i removed the compleet airnav folder and installed  the 4.03 version.
I.am not running 2 versions  of airnav together, only the 4.03 version.
I just installed the mylog dtb3 from my external hdd into the computer ( airnav data folder) and it changed from 19kb to 26385kb.
I dont know if this is the correct way or if it works.
And its correct .I am better in repairing F16's than changing settings im my computer ,but the only way of learning it is doing it.
Fred