AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MyLog.db question  (Read 3218 times)

Blueboy

MyLog.db question
« on: December 13, 2012, 01:11:08 PM »
Hi, I was wondering if there is problems with the size of your MyLog database ? I'm not experiencing any problems with my RB, but was just curious if there was a recommendation to clear the database when it reaches a certain size?

J.D

Runway 31

Re: MyLog.db question
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
I am not aware of any size issues with the Mylog JD. 

Alan

Blueboy

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 03:06:29 PM »
Hi Alan, thanks for the reply, as I said I was just curious that if it got to a certain size it would slow up the time it took your RB to open/load (I don't have mine on all the time).

J.D

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 03:47:15 PM »
My MyLog is now over 400Mb - takes 5 minutes to load, but I only load it once a day, so I don't mind. It's been growing since August 2008!

Rod
Rod

Blueboy

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 05:32:28 PM »
Hi Rod, thanks for the reply, my MyLog.db is nowhere near that size so it looks like I'll just leave it as is - I'm the same, I just load it once a day.

J.D

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 06:48:45 PM »
Think of the size of the Mylog for users in busy areas like around Heathrow which see a bit more traffic than Central Scotland

Alan

ACW367

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 04:41:46 PM »
I live in London TMA and also take my box on three overseas holidays per year.  I am not interested in keeping routes/callsigns.  I am not a 24/7 man and prob only operate the radarbox for circa 15 hours per week (with more when I am on holiday).  In a standard year I get over 16,000 individual aircraft on my MyLog.  Every few months I clear the callsign & associated routes info using the dropdown menu. 

Then every year on 31 December, I save/download the MyLog contents to CSV and then convert the CSV to XLS.  Consequently, I permanently store one years worth of records in XLS format.  After the CSV download, I delete all aircraft data from MyLog, such that the MyLog staarts again from zero aircraft as I switch on for the first time after 1 January. 

jim_stockwell

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2012, 12:59:30 PM »
Good afternoon all

I would be interested in knowing how to delete the My log contentes. Although mine is small and I only load it once a day when I an using it, it does seemto be getting longer and longer to load.

Thanks in advance for the advise

Jim

Runway 31

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2012, 01:32:27 PM »
Just go into the data folder and delete it Jim if you no longer want the info.  A new one is created next time you start up Radarbox.  Remember its not just Mylog which is processed on start up so dont expect much change is time.

Alan

jim_stockwell

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2012, 05:51:44 PM »
Thank you Runway.
I was just interested and might try it at the turn of the year to see if it makes a difference

Jim