anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Routes, or better, no routes!  (Read 3695 times)

NB

Routes, or better, no routes!
« on: December 08, 2012, 01:04:35 PM »
hi everyone!

I have updated my database yesterday with the new version and since then I get flight numbers but no routes. what have I done wrong? can someone help? Thanks in advance!

NB

Runway 31

Re: Routes, or better, no routes!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 01:49:29 PM »
NB are you stating you are getting no routes whatsoever?

Alan

NB

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 02:17:57 PM »
Exactly! I get flight number but no route whasoever! The column on the right is always empty

Runway 31

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 05:19:53 PM »
In preferences, do you have Auto-populate route data ticked?

Alan

NB

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 05:39:53 PM »
Yes I do!

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 07:58:46 PM »
If you go to database explorer/routes, do you have routes?

Is the problem in both local flight and network?

Alan
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 08:00:24 PM by Runway 31 »

NB

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 03:28:10 AM »
Yes I do. And the problem is only in local flight (only option I have)

NB

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 10:10:37 AM »
Where in the world are you?  Also how many aircraft do you have in d/b explorer to ensure your update went to the correct place.

You state in your other thread you have 2009 but have upgraded to 3.13, there is every possibility the Navdata update went to the 2009 version instead of the 3.13 location

If you use Vista or higher you may also have installed to the default location which can give rise to windows virtual store problems.

Alan
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 10:22:54 AM by Runway 31 »

NB

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 01:15:39 PM »
Hum....let me see if I can explain, I have copied the new file to both locations, virtual store and airnav 2009, I have 190955 rows in 359 ms. I have Windows 7. how can I do which "location" is being used?

Runway 31

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 02:05:21 PM »
If you have the 190,955 the correct data is being used.

You will have 2 versions of Radarbox on your computer 2009 and 3.13.  I presume you will have installed 2009 from the supplied disk and then installed 3.13 once you downloaded over the net.

3.13 doesnt install over 2009 but gives a seperate installation hence my question as you will have 2 separate Radarbox installations on your computer.  Installing the Navdata can go to either version unless you are aware and direct it to the correct one.

I am at a loss as to why the routes are in the d/b but dont show, the new Navdata has 191,874 routes and would assume your one is the same.  The reason I asked was where you were located was to see if the aircraft you are picking up had their routing in the d/b.

Are you in 2D or 3D as if using 3D there is a seperate origin/destination boxes to be ticked in 3D preferences.

Running out of ideas here.

Alan

NB

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »
Well Alan, I think we're getting there! You're absolutely right, I did have two instalattions, or to be more precise, I think I sort of have. Some data files are in this so called windows virtualstore and others are in programfiles/airnavsystems/data. From the dates it seems to me that the program is using the ones from the virtualstore. As to the routes I am getting, they are all in the database, when I access to the database explorer, yet I can't seem to get a count......Perhaps it's better to install it again if you teach me how to keep me previous records of spotted aircraft.....thanks

Runway 31

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 04:16:22 PM »
To keep your previous record you will need to save your Mylog.db3 file from the data folder, you will have at least 2 of these given ou have 2 installations but  I presume it will be in the Airnav/Radarbox/Data folder but I cannot be sure on your installation but this should be the 3.13 one.

If unsure you can save them both.

I would ininstall using the unistaller and then go in and delete all the orphan files left in any Airnav or Radarbox folder left.

When ready install 3.13 to c:/ Airnav dont go with the default installation.  Once installed you can replace the Mylog.db3 file in the data folder with your saved Mylog.db3 file and check you have the right one.

Once you have done that you are ready to install the new Navdata to C:/Airnav Systems/Radarbox/

I presume you dont need the 64bit drivers

Alan