AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: poor performance  (Read 7357 times)

terralta2002

poor performance
« on: April 28, 2012, 08:17:52 AM »
purchased ANRB 3D from moonraker last week installed ok.the problem is the recieve is very poor.It connects to the network ok and  displays everything its supposed to.the problem seems to be with recieving signals direct i live only 3.5 nm from egnt.and almost directly underneath flightpath for runway 25.i can only recieve 5nm i have tried the radarrama antenna which is about 5ft above the roof line and fed with low loss militery spec coax about 8mtrs.i have tryed the laptop in the car with the supplied antenna on the roof of the car sat outside the airport to no avail still only receiving about 5nm,,,,,any sugestions

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: poor performance
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 11:35:53 AM »
Hi terralta, return the unit to Moonraker, obvious defect somewhere.   Request replacement - do not accept any offer of repair.   HTH Jon
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 11:40:48 AM »
As your having issues with the supplied antenna, it may be the box. Have you ever received more than 5nm or has it always been 5nm range?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

terralta2002

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 12:10:52 PM »
its always been in or about 5nm

terralta2002

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 12:28:20 PM »
Just recieved an email from airnav support same day reply with advice to return it asap to waters & stanton for a replacement cant say fairer than that thumbs up to airnav(supose even brand new cars break down now and again)

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 12:37:18 PM »
Yes we apologise for the trouble caused, its rare that boxes arrive damaged or not working fully. Alternativetly if moonraker is closer to you can do as CoastGuardJon suggested.
[email protected]

terralta2002

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 12:44:56 PM »
moonraker and wsplc are both the other end of the country to me so either way im going to have to post it.moonraker are not open weekends so would have to wait untill next week to talk to them

terralta2002

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2012, 07:12:52 PM »
thanks for your advice coastgaurdjon i take it you have never tried to deal with MOONRAKER.returned it to them they sent it for repare.then even after being told i didnt want to pay £489 for a broken box and requested a replacement,was told in i no say in it.I was refused a refund and was told by there manager named Charles that if i had a problem i was welcome to visit him face to face.All i wanted was an airnav radar box that worked and all i have had up to now is grief.i think ill have to take it further.i have informed moonraker in writing but not holding my breath for a reply.i know in the uk according to sale of goods act 1974 it does say that you have more rights from mail order which it was.under that act you can return an item within 30 days for no reason so i must have a case if it was broken,,,,still unhappy

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 09:56:17 PM »
Hi Terralta,
Moonraker are acting illegally.  Tell them you're going to report them to Trading Standards - they have supplied defective goods and you're legally entitled to either a replacement or full refund including postage costs, during the first 12 months.    I believe that after 6 months they can offer a repair, but if you accept a repair, you are no longer entitled to a brand new replacement unit, which is why I said don't accept a repair.    If you have any further problems, PM me for phone no. and I'll have a chat - it's a hell of a lot easier than typing!   Don't fret, we'll get you there. 

I think AN should step in here and tell Moonraker to clean their act up as they'll give AN a bad name.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2012, 10:37:30 PM »
Please contact us terralta2002 if Moonraker do not provide you a good service, we do keep an eye on all our dealers and do act on comments from customers when dealers do not provide a good service.

We have in the past stopped a few dealers providing RadarBoxes where we found the service was unsatisfactory.
[email protected]

Budgie

• Hebrides Weather
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2012, 10:38:27 PM »
It's worth reading the OFT's [urlhttp://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/general/oft913.pdf]Distance Selling Regulations[/url].
This tells the businesses what the regulations mean for them.

terralta2002

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 09:05:24 AM »
to draw a line under this thread.I recieved the airbox back from Moonraker after many phone calls back and forth telling them i did not want it back was told at the end of the day by Charles at moonraker he can do what ever he wants repair refund or if i persist and return it again he will refund me the price minus 40% for second hand goods.his attitude towards the mater is i got your money tough in his words take action with trading standards if you want im not bothered or this is the funny bit if you want to sort it out face to face you are quite welcome to come down and we will go out side and sort it out pmsl.
         the fact is i have it back it is working very well,the report said it needed the saw filter replacing.to answer the questions that were asked from other sites i purchased it from Moonraker brand new so i felt i had to return it to him to rectify the problem which was his problem thats why i did not sent it directly to walter and stanton.I drive long distance and am away most of the week any where from the uk to Austria so its difficult to comunicate with the nesessary partys and he knows it so iv been made a mug by him haha.i paid £489.99 for an item that was Not working when i recieved it.you learn by your mistakestoday he wins,probely satv with a big grin reading this so to end it any body who purchases any thing from moonraker will be very happy with the service he provides.as so many people have said they never had a problem.But god help you the day you do have a problem i pray you will not have to suffer the abbuse the threats and crap service ihad to put up with

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 09:27:49 AM »
terralta2002,

We will ask Moonraker about this case however more to our concern is that it shouldn't have a SAW filter damage out of the box. Can you send us your RB login id via PM as well the purchase date?
[email protected]