anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to change maps in ANRB  (Read 2806 times)

GregWhiter

How to change maps in ANRB
« on: April 18, 2012, 12:28:43 AM »
Hi All, I am just new to the ANRB, having just installed Version 2.01. I am located in South East Queensland, Australia. I find the maps supplied with the software grossly lacking in detail. Can someone tell me how to change the maps to something with reasonable detail?

Furthermore, I have tried to dowload, via the ANRB software, satellite images however the images don't appear to download. Anyone with a clue to what is happening here, thanks?

I am running Windows 7

Thanks,
Greg Whiter

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: How to change maps in ANRB
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:47:59 AM »
Hi Greg and welcome to the forum.

First, I strongly recommend that you upgrade to the latest software version, 4.03, which you can download from here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/support.html

As you have Windows 7, DON'T install to the default directory - change the installation path to C:\AirNav or something similar. If you are running a 64 bit version of Windows, use the 64 bit drivers which you will find on the same page.

The standard RadarBox maps are indeed very basic, to ease the load on your processor. If you buy the 3D upgrade you can use RadarBox with Google Earth for improved mapping. If you don't want to go the 3D route (many people don't!) then you can add local points of reference with the Custom Legend routine.

The NASA satellite images are OK, but you need to download at different zoom levels, otherwise they suffer from pixellation when you zoom in. Every now and then (like now), the routine doesn't work. With any luck, AirNav Support will notice and fix it!

Hope that helps

Rod
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 12:54:23 AM by RodBearden »
Rod

GregWhiter

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 01:01:42 AM »
Thanks very much for your help Rod. I will download 4.03 and install it as you recomend.

Another question that you may be able to help me with, can I change the map's aircraft icons (or at least increase their size)? I find them very small and therefore not so easily seen. Thanks.

Greg

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 01:06:48 AM »
Hi Greg

No - the icons are a fixed size. Your only option is to change them from little aeroplanes to squares (in File...Preferences... Label - Square Label) but I don't think that will help much.

Rod
Rod