anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: tracking planes over a city  (Read 2204 times)

eharvey

tracking planes over a city
« on: February 20, 2012, 03:10:25 PM »
How do I have the picture of my city placed as the background of my layout for plane tracking?  Also, set an address as a specific point on the map for tracking.

thanks for all the help.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: tracking planes over a city
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 04:26:22 PM »
Hi eharvey and welcome to the forum.

You SHOULD be able to download a NASA satellite picture of any area you want, but there's a bug at the moment - see this thread: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=6798.0

When it's working, set up the view you want on your map view then press Ctrl-D, and give the image a name. It will then appear. It's a normal image, so when you zoom in, it pixellates. Because of this, I normally switch to full-screen map view first so that it captures a big image.

For setting up points on your map, you need Custom Legends. Get the lat/long in decimal format (I use Google Earth for this), and enter them in the format specified in the File...Preferences...RadarBox tab. Then make sure that the display of Custom Legends turned on in the Map menu.

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

eharvey

Re: tracking planes over a city
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 08:57:48 PM »
Thanks

since the link does not work, it is difficult to get the picture that i want.  i will see if i convert the file or something.

thanks