AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NO SIGNAL ?????? HELP  (Read 2934 times)

tomfinlass

NO SIGNAL ?????? HELP
« on: May 14, 2011, 08:05:12 AM »
Hi guys, I have the Airnav Radarbox connected to a P.C. which is never switched off, therefor Airnav is permanently on, the signals are received from an outdoor antenna on the roof of the house, yesterday I lost all signals and no aircraft were displayed on screen, the power led is lit and the usb led is flashing, but no signal, all the connections seem to be ok..........what happened, or how can i troubleshoot to find the cause?

Runway 31

Re: NO SIGNAL ?????? HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 11:38:34 AM »
First thing for me would be to look out for a USB power problem.  Have a look at you power saving set ups for the USB ports and ensure that you are not allowing the computer to switch off the USB if it decides it is required.

You dont mention it but is it working OK now or is it still down.  Try unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in and see if you are getting green lights again showing hardware connected on your screen.

Alan

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 11:39:54 AM »
Another thing to try is to use the standard Radarbox antenna and see if that makes any difference - to eliminate an antenna problem.

tomfinlass

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 01:04:14 PM »
Thanks guys for the quick replies, yes I ahve tried unplugging the usb and plugging it back in....no joy, I get the green power light and the flashing blue usb light, but no white signal light. I have tried the original indoor antenna but it's exactly the same, I also forgot to say that this happened during a thunderstorm, having read some simialr posts, I now know I should have switched off the radarbox........what do I do now?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 01:30:08 PM »
I also forgot to say that this happened during a thunderstorm, having read some simialr posts, I now know I should have switched off the radarbox........what do I do now?

Probably the most important bit of information!!  What protection do you have in place from your antenna to safeguard against damaging your radarbox during a thunderstorm.  It could be that your Radarbox has been damaged, in which case you'll need to contact Airnav support directly.

See http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2759.0

Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 01:32:06 PM by tarbat »

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 01:31:10 PM »
Ah you missed out an important bi there.

Contact [email protected] and advise them of your problem and they will give details of what to do next.

Alan