anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Photo changes  (Read 3321 times)

bratters

Photo changes
« on: December 17, 2010, 04:33:03 PM »
How come when I click on an aircraft photo to view the enlargement, the enlarged photo is often a different shot of the same aircraft?

I only download one photo per aircraft and there is only one photo folder in my data folder and there appear to be no duplicates. The jpeg in the data/photo folder is the one shown in the MyFlights box.

eg  G-SUEW A320 Thos. Cook - one photo in MyFlights, different one when enlarged.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Photo changes
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 04:41:30 PM »
Have you maybe:
1. Copied photos into your photos folder from a backup?
2. Copied a navdata.db3 database from a backup?

bratters

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 04:51:42 PM »
So how would this happen in theory Tarbat? What would be the source for the photo at base of Myflights and the source of the enlargement?

EK01

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 05:00:06 PM »

I have 2 photos downloaded per aircraft and have noticed on several occasions that when I click on one to show the enlargement, it is very often the other picture of that particular aircraft that I have downloaded in the folder which enlarges.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 05:00:47 PM »
So how would this happen in theory Tarbat? What would be the source for the photo at base of Myflights and the source of the enlargement?

The source of the thumbnail photo is from your PHOTOS folder, and the source for the enlargement is from the LK field from the Aircraft table in navdata.db3.  If you've restored either the PHOTOS folder or navdata.db3 database from backup (or elsewhere), then these can get out of step.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/5268558955/sizes/o/in/photostream/

bratters

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 05:10:34 PM »

If you've restored either the PHOTOS folder or navdata.db3 database from backup (or elsewhere), then these can get out of step.

It's the latter - and they can and they have done!

Hopefully there are no other (more important) issues that could be subject to this set of circumstances and it is only photos that are effected?

Can't say I've noticed anything else bar massive improvements over the past few days, thanks to you and Alan.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 05:24:59 PM »
Hopefully there are no other (more important) issues that could be subject to this set of circumstances and it is only photos that are effected?

Should only be the photo links that are affected.  This illustrates one of the problems of releasing a new navdata database - you need to find a way to synchronise to the PHOTOS folder.

Although if you were using the database I provided a few days ago, then each RH photo should link to a page showing all the photos of that aircraft, in the form http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?regsearch=G-LGNE, and the LH photo to airframes in the form http://www.airframes.org/reg/G-LGNE

I did this to specifically avoid the problems of database and photos being out of sync.