anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Route information  (Read 3479 times)

Chris11

Route information
« on: October 27, 2010, 06:43:21 AM »
Just when I thought I understand it then something happens to confuse me again.

I have two questions on route information displayed.

1) I thought that the route information on your local database was only updated from the network if the datestamp indicates that the information is 6 months old. I have done a search and replace on my local database to change FADN to FALE, the new airport. I changed the datestamp to the date I did it, a few weeks ago. Yesterday a flight popped up with the FADN destination and I see that my local database has been changed with a more recent datestamp. Theoretically this should not have happened or is my understanding wrong?

2) I also thought that route information for network flights comes from the local database of the person picking up that aircraft. This morning there was a flight (BAW33) with no route information. I went to my local database and added the route. A few minutes later the aircraft was showing the route information. Am I correct in saying that route info comes form the user picking up that aircraft but, if that is blank, it comes from your local database?

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Route information
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 07:41:37 AM »
1.) This should not have happened, we haven't had any complaints before about it overwriting data which is not 6 months old, are you sure that record was set to the data a few weeks ago?

2.) No network flights with routes and looked up on the server and do NOT affect your local route database. Once the network data is downloaded it already contains the routes from the server, no lookup is done to your local database.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Chris11

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 07:47:30 AM »
Thanks

I will monitor the FADN/FALE issue and get back to you if it happens again.

orkney

• Database Updater Moderator
    • orkney radarbox screenshot
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 10:05:52 AM »
Hello

I think I might have suffered from this problem with ACA883 which is on the airnav server as LFPG to CYVR but when I change it to the correct EKCH to CYYZ and change the date to today  it still gets overwritten the next time I receive it.

Andrew

Chris11

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 07:21:37 AM »
Ok - done some more investigation.

I see that if the server does not have out information for network flights then ANRB will pick the route from your local database.

NF2G

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »
US Airways routes in the 700 series are usually international.  Most AWE7## flights showing domestic (North America) routes are wrong.