AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: On ground or landed status?  (Read 2297 times)

steve1970

On ground or landed status?
« on: September 09, 2010, 02:27:20 AM »
Tried using the search function in the forum but for the life of me I cant find an answer.
Not a big issue but would like to see in the status the correct information represented.

How do I set up the preferences or whatever to indicate that the aircraft are on the "Ground" or "Landed"??

Currently I have the SmartView set to YMML which is my home airport, and "Auto Set QNH" checked. That is how I've had it set since February. I see the aircraft on the taxi ways or at the bay but, only ever indicates "Leveled"....

In "Preferences" "RadarBox" "Transition Altitude" flight level set to >20000 to show FL and the QNH obviously getting the info from autoset QNH in smartview.

Am I missing a setting or something somewhere??

Thanks

steve1970

Re: On ground or landed status?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 05:57:33 AM »
Just downloaded the latest software still the same? Anyone??
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 05:59:25 AM by steve1970 »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 05:56:06 PM »
What altitude is showing when it says leveled? (and does this change a bit day to day)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

steve1970

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 04:49:03 AM »
See if I can get this info right.

Just started the program 2010 version and watched a few flights land and seen "Ground" in the status pop up, just for a little while. The level was 125ft... as the aircraft taxied the F/level changed to 150ft and the status changed to "Leveled" I checked and realized I didn't set the auto QNH to YMML it was blank. In the "Preferences" it must have been on the default setting, didn't think to right it down....

I then set Auto QNH to YMML in Smartview and the QNH is 1017 for Melbourne atm.
Watched a few more flights land and taxi. The F/L when landed was 420ft and during taxiing went down to about 395ft but the status stayed on "Leveled"

I then removed the Auto QNS from Smartview and manually set the QNH in preferences to 1006 and watched a few more flights. After the flights reached the end of the runway the level was showing 90ft and taxiing down to 65ft and the Status remained "Ground"

So now :-) with that little experiment I'm assuming that I can't use the auto QNH and just find the right setting in the Preferences that will suit! Would that be correct. I know the AD elevation for YMML is 434ft which is correct when I set the Auto QNH but obviously can't use that.
Just verified that another 5 or 6 landed aircraft are showing "Ground" with the manual setting.

Thanks for the reply.

Seems the sweet spot is QNH 1004 now all aircraft on ground show between 5ft and 30ft! ty for making me think :-D
Regards

« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:11:50 AM by steve1970 »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 09:55:42 AM »
Surely ADS-B aircraft ought to show status as "Ground" all the time they are sending ground position squitters, or am I missing something here ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour