AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AirNav Radar box stops functioning after a while  (Read 4245 times)

mwomwell

AirNav Radar box stops functioning after a while
« on: August 14, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »
Have just purchased the AirNav Radar box 3D version and installed on a windows 7 PC, the problemis that for some reason the Radarbox will just stop receiving data, no blue USB lamp illuminated and no signal. To get it to work again I have to unplug the usb connector and reconnect. Seems to be a random thing, sometimes it will work for a while and other times for a short period. It seems like it looses contact with the PC via the USB connector. I'm wondering if the Windows 7 drivers are not good enough or a problem exists with the box. Any body got any suggestions - I think the firmware or version number is 4.03 or something like that.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: AirNav Radar box stops functioning after a while
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 04:58:14 PM »
Hi Sir,

A couple of items to check first

1.) Check you don't have any power saving on your USB hubs or your machine, as this will stop sending power to the RadarBox

2.) Change the USB lead if you have any spare and see whether that makes a difference.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

mwomwell

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 07:57:47 PM »
Thanks, wrt item 1 I have no power saving set up on USB devices and wrt to your suggestion 2 I will try tomorrow, however, I suspect it will be more an issue with the USB driver or airnav software comparability with windows 7. Strange really as it seems to work okay with the supplied antenna but when I connect an external aerial I start to have problems.

bratters

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 09:21:31 PM »
Intermittent cutting out has been the subject of forum discussion at times in the past and I think I'm right in saying that a different (maybe higher spec) USB cable has usually solved the problem - though it may take you a couple of attempts to find the right combination.

The box seems particularly choosy when it comes to USB cables :)

sherlock holmes

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 11:59:11 PM »
If it works with the supplied antenna and not the external antenna, might there be an issue with the external antenna?

Sherlock Holmes

mwomwell

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
Strange, I'm not sure why an external antenna should cause the USB connection to be lost between the PC and the radarbox. As an aside I also cannot get the Airnav software to show ATC boundaries, even after changing the colour schemes, airways yes, ATC no + the software is very slow at times.

Runway 31

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2010, 10:35:19 AM »
With slow software it is at times not enough oomph with the computer. Not enough memory or slow graphics can cause this.