AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hardware Disconnecting  (Read 1950 times)

Chris11

Hardware Disconnecting
« on: May 17, 2010, 01:33:46 PM »
I am having a problem that on an irregular basis the hardware is showing as disconnected. Normally after a long time of (computer) inactivity. If I pull out the USB plug and put it in again then it connects immediately. Looks like the USB could be going to sleep. Is there a power saving setting somewhere that needs to be changed.

Win 7

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Hardware Disconnecting
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 01:38:41 PM »
Not sure where in Win7, but you need to check the power management settings on the PC's USB hubs - in Device Manager.

bratters

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 02:45:07 PM »
Look out also for electrical interference from another source Chris. My box used to switch off when my central heating switched on/off, the USB running close to the central heating controls in the airing cupboard.

Chris11

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2010, 07:57:49 PM »
Thanks - Currently in a hotel room with no electrics on and it happened again. When I get home I will try with all the local electrics off an se if that helps

eggplant

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 08:55:35 PM »
This has been reported loads of times... I suffered it too for about six months. I checked all the USB power settings and the problem persisted. Changed the USB cable to to a higher quality shielded one with a ferrite choke and no more problems in the last year or so.
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.