AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New 3D Issue  (Read 4811 times)

flanker

• My Airband Listening Blog
New 3D Issue
« on: February 24, 2010, 11:28:21 AM »
I have just installed 4.03 3D after previously using 3.11 2D - all seems to work fine but after a while I lose the ability to click anything with the mouse pointer and just get that annoying windows 'ding' noise (using windows vista on my laptop). My only recourse is to launch task manager and close the program from there, anyone else experienced this and know why it's happening?
14NM SSE of EGNX

Brimon

Re: New 3D Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 12:00:34 PM »
Flanker,
           If this is in 3D mode try hitting the "reload plugin" button. It is the green button at the bottom of the 3D map.Apparently Google Earth uses up a good bit of the cache on your PC & this clears the cache,I believe.

Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 12:42:59 PM »
I have just installed 4.03 3D after previously using 3.11 2D - all seems to work fine but after a while I lose the ability to click anything with the mouse pointer and just get that annoying windows 'ding' noise (using windows vista on my laptop). My only recourse is to launch task manager and close the program from there, anyone else experienced this and know why it's happening?

This is caused by the Preferences window 'dropping' behind the main RB interface window.

Use ALT+F4 to close the 'hidden' window and then try using the File>Preference>3D Settings instead of the 3D Settings button on the toolbar.

This does happen to me too occasionally.  If it keeps happening and you want to see it, use ALT+F4 to close the window, then make the RB window smaller so that it only covers half the screen, then hit the 3D Settings button again - you will see the Preferences window sticking out from under the RB window.

AirNav are aware of this, but as it only happens occasionally to a few people, I think that its been difficult to find the problem.

flanker

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 05:08:16 PM »
Thanks allocator, doesn't seem to be an issue now if I use the file menu!
14NM SSE of EGNX

flanker

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 07:22:12 AM »
Just something else I've noticed using RB 3D is that my laptop runs VERY HOT! I have to use an additional 'cooling pad' to keep the temp down - I assume it's quite 'processor intensive' compared with RB 2D?
14NM SSE of EGNX

flanker

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 12:45:02 PM »
Something else I've also noticed is that some 3D models are not rendering although they appear to have a texture file/folder eg. VIR7Y an A346 just passed over but switching to 3D view it did not render a model at all but in the GE_Models folder there is an A346 folder with a VIR folder containing a file?

Also when I open the GE_Models folder I get multiple windows opening stating 'windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working' ??
14NM SSE of EGNX