anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mobile Phone Mast?  (Read 2661 times)

Canonjohns40D

Mobile Phone Mast?
« on: February 02, 2010, 10:23:12 AM »
Hi All

This may be a blonde moment but what the heck!!

I awoke on Sundy morning to discover at the bottom of our street a new mobile phone mast. Bored as always on a Sunday I decided to reset my polar diagram to see if the mast would have an effect. i realise it is only running  acouple of days but the range seems down.

Do you think these masts would have an effect on reception? it is about 600 yards from me.

Anyhow on  aday off so I'm gonna put on my string vest, heid bandage and ring the company. Cheerio

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

radarspotter10

Re: Mobile Phone Mast?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 01:02:17 PM »
Hi All

This may be a blonde moment but what the heck!!

I awoke on Sundy morning to discover at the bottom of our street a new mobile phone mast. Bored as always on a Sunday I decided to reset my polar diagram to see if the mast would have an effect. i realise it is only running  acouple of days but the range seems down.

Do you think these masts would have an effect on reception? it is about 600 yards from me.

Anyhow on  aday off so I'm gonna put on my string vest, heid bandage and ring the company. Cheerio

John
hi john.
I have a new video receiver 900mhz to 2700mhz and there plenty of mobile phone sounds from 1821mhz to 1880mhz main sound on 1859mhz, having great fun with it.
And before you asked yes it picks up all sorts of strange videos senders,
of course i only use it on the Amateur radio frequency allocations on
# 33 centimeters (902 - 928 MHz)
# 23 centimeters (1.24 - 1.3 GHz)
# 13 centimeters (2.30 - 2.31 GHz and 2.39 - 2.45 GHz)
Cellular radio networks operate in one of three bands in the UK; 900 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2.2 GHz
from pat
http://www.infostream.biz/wireless-camera-hunter.html

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 01:26:25 PM by radarspotter10 »

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: Mobile Phone Mast?
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 02:23:58 PM »
Hi Pat, that looks interesting - I've already got an Optoelectronics Digital Scout which gets hits around 8-900Mhz, which I thought were mobile phones, and also around 15-1600Mhz which are a bit of a puzzle.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!