AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox White Receive Light Stops Flashing  (Read 4371 times)

claya1

RadarBox White Receive Light Stops Flashing
« on: January 12, 2010, 04:14:48 AM »
My RadarBox white message receive light stops flashing 5 to 60 seconds after it starts.  The blue data transmission (to the PC) light still works fine, and messages are passed to the PC.  This happens on both the 2009 and 2010 version.  Any ideas from anyone?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: RadarBox White Receive Light Stops Flashing
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 03:49:13 PM »
As long as you are still getting data, then it isn't a problem.  A duff LED maybe?

claya1

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 07:20:19 PM »
If its just an LED that is deteriorating, etc. then it's not a big deal.  But, if it's an indication that something more serious is gradually deteriorating, like power regulation on the circuit board, then it could mean that the unit is going to die soon.  I haven't been able to find any information on the site on warranty and/or repair, and I'd hate to have to buy another whole new unit.  I was hoping maybe there was a firmware fix that might compensate.

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 07:36:01 PM »
Hi claya1, what part of the world are you in?     AN give a 2 years warranty on RB units.    E-mail AN Support through their signature links.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Allocator

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 07:37:10 PM »
RB has a 2-year guarantee providing you haven't damaged the box yourself.  Don't open it, otherwise you will have to pay for any repair.

claya1

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 08:22:18 PM »
I'm located in the Atlanta, GA USA area.  Thanks for the response.  For some reason I couldn't find the trouble report area on the site.  But after your response I looked again and submitted a report.  I am still in warranty and haven't tried to repair it.  It's an impressive system.  I use it all the time to track aircraft departing HJAIA (KATL).

Allocator

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »
Welcome to the forum and the addictive world of RadarBox!

We still need a few more Radarbox users in the USA to give us good coverage - we've got Europe pretty much sorted :-)

claya1

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 09:35:43 PM »
It is addictive.  Nice talking with fellow RadarBox addicts.

10% or less of the planes flying into ATL have ADS-B, unlike Europe.  FedEx, UPS, and AirTran (on B737s) use it extensively.  I'm on City Council and use it to track overflights.  I'd like to buy ASDI data from AirNav, but they haven't responded to several inquiries that I've made.  I'm thinking of getting several other cities around here to get boxes and use the networked data (now that it is real time) to get better coverage.  But that would still be relatively local, and still would be tracking a small fraction of flights.

Allocator

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 09:39:13 PM »
I'd contact Support direct at [email protected] to discuss ASDI data.