anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: One Year On.....  (Read 2145 times)

dl1812

One Year On.....
« on: December 12, 2009, 12:28:21 PM »
Recovering from a broken hip a year ago, I decided to cheer myself up with a new Radar Box....one year on, I have to say that this was one of the better decisions I've made !

As someone who has no interest in what's currently landing in Timbuktoo, or what the Aircraft looks like at 33000 feet, the standard twig is perfect for me (although to be fair I can understand the enthusiasm towards Live Network and 3D)

I can see Heathrow and Stansted S and E approaches from my window at work, so My Flights is usually showing 40-70 aircraft, which keeps me interested, though not of course while I'm working, you understand....

Every beta plus 3.13  final version have installed and worked seamlessly across XP, Vista and Windows7, a tribute to all concernned. Well done !

Now if we could just cut out some of the silly bickering and criticism on the forum, I'd be in enthusiasts' heaven....

Well done to all concerned, and long may it continue

Cheers

Dave

Fenris

Re: One Year On.....
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 12:38:07 PM »
Now if we could just cut out some of the silly bickering and criticism on the forum, I'd be in enthusiasts' heaven....

While bickering can be annoying, reasoned criticism is how problems are identified and then corrected.

But I know what you mean....

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: One Year On.....
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 05:23:13 PM »
Dave: thanks a lot for your post. We really feel happy when we read such kind of messages. Work will never stop at AirNav: RadarBox 3D has entered a very final development stage.

- RadarBox 2010 is an extremely complex application with thousands of programming lines;
- It intends to be an all-in-one package and do everything without the need for addons;
- It works with real-time data that is sent by more than 20K commercial flights with different airborne systems;
- It has to work on several Windows versions and different computer systems;

This creates a very difficult environment but we believe we made it with Radarbox 2010. Of course work never stops: we have a huge list of requests that will be implemented during 2010.

Adding to this we are a totally open company where any user can contact the development team directly in a forum that is daily read by hundreds of users and, unfortunately (we know some will not like this statement) a competitor that does everything it can do damage our image instead of developing their product like we do.

Our forum is now a strong community where the change of ideas and sometimes some criticism has driven RadarBox in the right direction: new version, more quality and a better product.

We are now totally focused on RadarBox 3D and after that ShipTrax which is as addictive as RadarBox.

Thanks again for your support.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 06:37:40 PM by AirNav Support »