AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Map problems  (Read 3580 times)

EK01

Map problems
« on: October 10, 2009, 07:45:46 PM »
Hi guys,
Done it again. Me and my busy hands and nimble fingers along with pressing buttons have created a map problem on start up. My default map of my location appears to be opening up on start up in minimised form within the map screen. The map is there but about a quarter of the size of the map screen area. I then have to click on the little square symbol which maximises it and then reset it to centralise on my location.
How do I get the map back to opening up correctly at normal size within the map screen on start up ?
Meanwhile, I will go and sit in the naughty boy's corner. Again.

Ian

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Map problems
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 10:19:46 AM »
I would try Window - Close All.  Then open a new map.

EK01

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 12:46:02 PM »
Cheers Tarbat, I will give that a go. I reckon it will sort itself out if I install v3.07 but I am reluctant to do that at present because v3.06 seems to have been behaving itself over the last couple of days. Actually since I installed the version showing the banner regarding live network traffic being available as an extra. I may just wait until any reported bugs have been sorted out in v3.07 before installing it.

Ian

Protzenalp

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2009, 04:22:20 PM »
Rather than start a new thread I will add on my problem here. Whenever I start up Radarbox the default map is always Dubai (I have no idea why, I have never been to Dubai with my Radarbox!). I have had maps in Belgium and France saved as defaults, but is alwys Dubai that comes up when I start it up. Any idea how I can fix that?

I did a search ut didn't find anything relevant.

Thanks
Mike

mdobuk21

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 04:25:20 PM »
hi guys i will add my map always reverts back to the default "world" map, even though i know how to open save maps from previous versions!

mark

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2009, 06:17:15 PM »
This is covered in the Help file in the getting started section - I'll fire up RB and point you in the right direction :-)

Edit: OK, use Help > Contents > Getting Started > Quickstart Tutorial

This shows how to put an airport into the search box, but you can just use the Home button on the menu bar and set the zoom as you wish before saving the map as 'default'
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 06:24:04 PM by Allocator »

Protzenalp

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 07:29:14 AM »
Allocator, I think you are missing my point. The map I want IS saved as default. And if for some reason I change the map mid-session and want to go back to the original map it is not a problem. But, when I have powered down and start a new session my start-up map is always Oman (not Dubai as I originally said, but near enough) which has not been saved as the default. If I then click on default the correct map comes up. How do I set the default as the start up map (which I thought it was anyway)?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2009, 07:33:38 AM »
Have you tried Window - Record Desktop?  AFAIK, that's what writes your defauly map to the V005.dat file.

I just did that, and it updated the V005.dat file with
P:\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\map\2 Highlands.ml3,1,-8,-28,975,908,1

Protzenalp

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2009, 07:52:51 AM »
Thanks Tarbat, that seems to have worked.

Did I miss that trick in the manual somewhere? (If I did then apologies and I will go get my glasses checked out!).

Regards
Mike

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 08:05:19 AM »
Did I miss that trick in the manual somewhere? (If I did then apologies and I will go get my glasses checked out!).

It's not covered in much detail in the manual:
"Record Desktop - Records the current positions of the desktop windows"