AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New DPD antenna up -I like it !  (Read 2553 times)

GrizzFlyer

New DPD antenna up -I like it !
« on: September 11, 2009, 09:09:35 PM »
Finally got my DPD vertical antenna installed on the peak of my house the other night.  What an increase in range!  I'll see if I can upload a polar map here.  I've seen some of you guys with better range, but prior to installing this antenna I could not see to the north.  North and east are very good now, west is somewhat blocked by some pine trees and the south is temporarily blocked by a big Ash tree.  It is dying from the Emerald Ash Borer and is coming down this winter, so that should improve the south reception.

Feedline is 30' of Plastoid 77314 RG-5B/U (not 58/U !!) with N connectors, and I made a short connector with a male SMA on one end and a female N on the other.  Seems to work pretty good. 

Jeremy

• Jeremy
Re: New DPD antenna up -I like it !
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 11:41:50 PM »
Grizz,
Congrats. Take a reading of what height you are seiing at maximun range as the polar diagram in your head must be 3D. I guess the distant stations are at a great height. Trees and other phisical obstructions will stop signals at these frequencies in their tracks regardless of aerial height and pre-amps. Good luck and enjoy it!
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com