AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aires Colombia photos  (Read 3914 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Aires Colombia photos
« on: August 26, 2009, 06:46:09 PM »
Has anyone else noticed that we don't get any photos for aircraft with registrations in the Colombia HK- series?

My photos folder hasn't got any, but thanks to our Bogota correspondent, they often appear on the network, most often of Aires.

Is something going wrong with AirNav's lookup of these registrations in Airliners.net? They are slightly unusual in being formatted HK-nnnn or HK-nnnnX or HK-nnnn-X.

Rod
Rod

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Aires Colombia photos
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 07:23:48 AM »
Has anyone else noticed that we don't get any photos for aircraft with registrations in the Colombia HK- series?

My photos folder hasn't got any, but thanks to our Bogota correspondent, they often appear on the network, most often of Aires.

Is something going wrong with AirNav's lookup of these registrations in Airliners.net? They are slightly unusual in being formatted HK-nnnn or HK-nnnnX or HK-nnnn-X.

Yes, it's the old "incorrect aircraft details" chestnut again.

For example B737 HK-4635-X (the former EasyJet G-EZJN) comes up on RadarBox as "HK-4635", and although the correct type and MSN are show, the incorrect registration won't match any photos on airliners.net.

See http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/4/8/6/1561684.jpg

I understand that following the imminent release of V3, the whole issue of aircraft details/photos is going to be revisited.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

RodBearden

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:24:01 AM »
Thanks, Dave

Just out of interest, do you know the significance of the -X on the end of some of the HK- registrations?

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:06:51 PM »
I just did a little experiment to prove your point - HK-4635 came up on the network, without photos. A search for that registration on Airliners showed several photos, but with the registration showing as HK-4635-X.

I changed the database to that, and the photos appeared. I wonder if AirNav can get round this problem.

Rod
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 12:08:37 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

ACW367

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 12:25:50 PM »
Rod

I looked up each one of the HK- registrations in my navdata and changed each one to the format used on airliners.  Spanish Airforce jets also require changing as the navdata includes the full stop after the first letter and airliners does not. 

I.E.  A310 T.22-2 in your Navdata, is found on Anet as T22-2

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 12:53:47 PM »
I wonder if AirNav can get round this problem.

Rest assured, AirNav are indeed looking at potential solutions to the problem of incorrect aircraft data and/or photos.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour