AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Polar Diagram  (Read 3010 times)

jango13

Polar Diagram
« on: June 10, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »
Hi All,
 Been messing around with the supplied aerial today, moved it from the upstars windowsill into the loft, and I was wandering how long you have to wait for the patten to settle down.
Infact for all my moving it around I have still logged 1226 in 12 hours.
 Alan

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Polar Diagram
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 06:43:23 PM »
Alan,

It really just depends on how much traffic there is around.  Reset your polar diagram at midnight, and you would be really disappointed with the coverage as there won't be many aircraft about.

You need to detect aircraft to draw the polar diagram, so I'd give it a full 24 hours to get a reasonable indication.

jango13

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 07:13:59 PM »
Thanks Allocator,
I'ts only been 4 hours from the last move, so will leave it alone until tomorrow night.  Alan

imropes

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 06:35:55 AM »
Yesterday evening i noticed a large increase in my polar diagram range. It has been consistant for the last 3 weeks. Nothing has been touched or altered. Is this do to weather, high pressure, or atmosphere? Anybody else noticed anything? I am 650 ft amsl 5 mls south of Leeds. Thankyou

bratters

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:41:31 AM »
Yesterday evening i noticed a large increase in my polar diagram range. It has been consistant for the last 3 weeks. Nothing has been touched or altered. Is this do to weather, high pressure, or atmosphere? Anybody else noticed anything? I am 650 ft amsl 5 mls south of Leeds. Thankyou

If there is just one quadrant or direction of the diagram that has been extended, there might be a very simple explanation. A single aircraft at an exceptional altitude tracking "across" your spikes (if you get my meaning) can make a big difference, just as a single aircraft can give you a large spike.

If however the whole of your diagram has extended uniformly and you haven't moved the aerial or fiddled with connectors, it's more likely a rise in atmos. pressure or changes in tropospheric ducting. If it was last evening, possibly the former.

imropes

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 09:05:10 AM »
Thanks for reply.I will watch the fringe areas and see if it alters again.