AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aerodata RadarBox Analyser  (Read 4686 times)

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
Aerodata RadarBox Analyser
« on: July 24, 2009, 08:36:46 PM »
Evening All

Does anybody use the Aerodata data base for their spotting loggings, or more on topic, link in RadarBox to Aerodata via the Aerodata RB Analyser?

It's a pretty nifty bit of kit I had running with RB Version 2, but having finally got round to loading Version 3.1 at long last, was curious as to if anyone has had any success in getting it to talk to RB?

For the uninitiated, it basically tells you which "frames" in relation to the hex codes RB is showing in My Flights, have not been noted as logged in my Aerodata DB - so basically alerts you to every required frame my RB picks up (obviously non network traffic)

Saves a lot of time and heartache I can tell you!

Reason for the query is that the RB users within Aerodata are significantly outnumbered by SBS users, so not too much support on their excellent forum.

I would imagine it's merely a re-mapping exercise, or re-load of the analyser at worst, however myself and a couple of other Aerodata/RB users had considerable difficulty in getting the analyser to work with V2 about seven or eight months ago - finally realising the user account settings were blocking the path , but only after several time consuming and nervous re-loads of Aerodata.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this with v3.1, as I don't fancy a weekend of re-loading/mapping!

As an aside, does anyone know if the Aerodata/SBS database upload of hex code /reg/types etc is now possible with RB, as the Aerodata DB is pretty expansive ?

I'll obviously ask the same questions on the Aerodata forum, and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for reading

Rich

Tramline

Re: Aerodata RadarBox Analyser
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 08:06:53 AM »
Evening All

Does anybody use the Aerodata data base for their spotting loggings, or more on topic, link in RadarBox to Aerodata via the Aerodata RB Analyser?

It's a pretty nifty bit of kit I had running with RB Version 2, but having finally got round to loading Version 3.1 at long last, was curious as to if anyone has had any success in getting it to talk to RB?

For the uninitiated, it basically tells you which "frames" in relation to the hex codes RB is showing in My Flights, have not been noted as logged in my Aerodata DB - so basically alerts you to every required frame my RB picks up (obviously non network traffic)

Saves a lot of time and heartache I can tell you!

Reason for the query is that the RB users within Aerodata are significantly outnumbered by SBS users, so not too much support on their excellent forum.

I would imagine it's merely a re-mapping exercise, or re-load of the analyser at worst, however myself and a couple of other Aerodata/RB users had considerable difficulty in getting the analyser to work with V2 about seven or eight months ago - finally realising the user account settings were blocking the path , but only after several time consuming and nervous re-loads of Aerodata.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this with v3.1, as I don't fancy a weekend of re-loading/mapping!

As an aside, does anyone know if the Aerodata/SBS database upload of hex code /reg/types etc is now possible with RB, as the Aerodata DB is pretty expansive ?

I'll obviously ask the same questions on the Aerodata forum, and let you know how I get on.

Thanks for reading

Rich

Marpleman, I'm very interested in this thread as I recently posted a comment about use of Aerodata for logging versus the JP Fleets.  Since Flight took over JP the book has seen a total shambolic change of sort order and is so ridden with data errors I've decided I need a better and more accurate way of recording my logging - and only yesterday I was on Aerodata's website looking at QuantumLite.  It seems their SBS relationship is well established and that RB is relatively new, I assume because RB was a later product.

I'd be grateful for your comments about Aerodata, so feel free to PM me with your views.

Cheers,  Paul
Located 2 miles South of LHR.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 08:46:38 AM »
Hi Paul

I'll drop you a line later today - trying to sort the kids out at the moment,whilst also watching RB so I'm maxed out on multi-tasking!

Regards

Rich

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 05:07:54 PM »
Paul

Just PM'd you

Rich

Blincodave

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 08:33:26 PM »
I have used Aerodata but gave it up in preference for ADU a long time ago. Unfortunately, ADU only have an SBS utility whereas Aerodata offer a utility for both SBS and Air Nav Radar Box. Hopefully, as more spotters begin to use Radar Box, ADU will meet our needs as well.

Dave