AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rb Or Sbs  (Read 3972 times)

Billyboy

Rb Or Sbs
« on: April 03, 2009, 03:05:49 PM »
Hi I am new on here

I am thinking about buying a box, could someone guide me to the best - Rb or Sbs

Thanks

Bill

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
Re: Rb Or Sbs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 03:37:05 PM »
As this is the RadarBox forum it is likely that you may get an answer favouring the Radarbox.

Ask the same question on the Kinetic Avionics forum and you will get opinions favouring their product.

One starting point may be this, (put together by Airnav, so some bias may be present)

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=665.0

kdt1

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 03:41:21 PM »
In my view both have their strengths and weakness, like Chevy or ford, you will have to do your homework and see what works best for you and what you are willing to settle for.

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 06:37:11 PM by kdt1 »

waddington1

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 04:30:39 PM »
I love the radarbox, I have been using mine for about 10 months.
The only slight problem I have is, it runs quite slow on my laptop.  I am hoping this might be better with the new version of the software.

As the kdt1 says do your homework. 
I got the Radarbox because you don't need any extra add ons, plus the size of the box was much smaller than the SBS.  SBS have got a new much smaller unit now but it costs more than the Radarbox. 

Stu

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »
Excuse me while I nip down to the Ford dealers to ask their advice on whether I should buy a Ford or a Fiat ...
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

kdt1

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 07:03:09 PM »

No excuse you Nipper! Ha

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 08:42:40 PM »
Hi Billy, do you want something that works straight out the box, you're not good at playing with software and machine code, you don't want labels overlapping - go for RB.    I sought advice in both Forums last year, and ended up taking the RB route - no regrets, but the sniping here and on Radarspotters is rather tiresome!   Let's all enjoy our toys and work together - live and let live.
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

valerie

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 02:17:53 AM »
Excuse me while I nip down to the Ford dealers to ask their advice on whether I should buy a Ford or a Fiat ...

i am in stitches laughing here.  good one

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 03:57:26 AM »
You can check  a detailed comparison on both systems at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=606.0

Basically RadarBox is an all in one product (no need for sometimes unsupported external addons, all comes with the product), has network included and has a far superior software (superior graphical interface, downloads automatically aircraft and routing data, etc). All the details on the link above.

Billyboy

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2009, 09:40:06 AM »
Thank you all for your comments.

I have a friend who wants to sell me his Radarbox, but I wanted to consider the SBS too.
Think I will go for the Radarbox - because off my friend I can get it cheaper too.

Thank you all for your help