anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Reporter  (Read 4501 times)

Geot

Reporter
« on: February 06, 2009, 04:02:00 AM »
New user for a month - in Reporter, the flights are listed by Registration order. Is there an option/ability to change it to Time logged order, and show it?

Also, as flight height, course info is logged at time of tracking, is that data stored somewhere and is it possible to add it to the Reporter report? It appears in MyLog but it does not have any print out capability.

thanks
GeoT

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
Re: Reporter
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 12:08:39 PM »
Hi,

In Reporter, if you click on Tools, you can select "Export to CSV". You can then import this file to a spreadsheet and sort on any column.

As for the info generated from MyLog - there have been many requests for more of the fields to be output (preferably all) so I'm hoping this is addressed in the software upgrade due out soon.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

Geot

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 06:26:39 PM »
Hi Tom
thanks for that info. I had tried the CSV export last night but did not seem to get any response, just the spinning circle. I had forgotten that I had just previously done a propagate, of 1600+ photos, so that was tying up the machine. Worked ok this AM.

I also hope for the added data in the next release - the report seems incomplete without it.

GeoT
NE of Toronto

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 10:40:30 AM »
If you can run your own SQL, then this query will provide todays flights in time logged order:

SELECT DISTINCT 
  Aircraft.Registration AS "Reg",
  Flights.Callsign AS "Flight ID",
  Flights.Route AS "Route",
  Aircraft.AircraftTypeSmall AS "ICAO Type",
  Aircraft.Airline AS "Airline",
  Aircraft.AircraftTypeLong AS "Aircraft",
  substr(Flights.EndTime,1,16) AS "Flight Ended",
  Aircraft.ModeS AS "Mode S"
FROM
 Aircraft
 LEFT OUTER JOIN Flights ON (Aircraft.ModeS=Flights.ModeS)
WHERE
  ((date('now') = substr(Aircraft.LastTime,1,4)||"-"||substr(Aircraft.LastTime,6,2)||"-"||substr(Aircraft.LastTime,9,2)) AND
  (Flights.StartTime IS NULL)) OR
  ((date('now') = substr(Flights.EndTime,1,4)||"-"||substr(Flights.EndTime,6,2)||"-"||substr(Flights.EndTime,9,2)))
ORDER BY
  Flights.EndTime,
  Aircraft.Registration,
  Aircraft.ModeS

Geot

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 02:31:38 AM »
Thanks tarbat, I am not adverse to trying it but I don't have a clue how to run SQL. Takes a bit longer to use excel but I get there. However it looks like I need to learn SQL - Radarbox Database seems way out of date, loads of "dead" aircraft and missing tons of new stuff. And the manual updating is so cumbersome.

GeoT

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 08:51:28 AM »
You do know about autopopulate I presume?

RadarBox gets it's new data from the GAS database which is maintained by volunteers.  There is no 100% accurate database available unless you want to spend big bucks.

bearcat

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 05:36:09 PM »
Hi Tarbat

Thanks for the code, I was going to sit down and try to work this out. You've saved me a lot of headache.

Stewart

Geot

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 07:40:22 PM »
Hi Allocator,
Thanks, yes I have used the autopopulate. I probably did not get a good first impression of AirNav given that the GAS link has not been working since I have been trying to use it. Since the last day or so, it is much improved and doing a good job. In the meantime my Aerodata was getting a good work-out.

However the DB still needs a clean-up - yesterday I got a United Express CRJ200 showing with a Canadian reg, long ago changed to US. That Mode S has been reassigned and it was actually a Global Express test-flighting from Downsview. And it was not the first occurence. So deletion of old codes would help alleviate that. Agree it will never be 100% but given the 2009 version label on the box, I expected a much more current DB than that provided. When used in mobile mode on travels, I will usually not have Internet connection available to identify/update at time of contact.

GeoT

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 12:02:34 AM »
Did you check the aircraft on the GAS database?  If it's out of date there, then that's where the data has come from.  The guys at GAS do their best to keep the database up to date, but they do it for free!

If it's only the Radarbox database that's out of date and GAS is correct, then delete the RB record using Database Explorer and it will autopopulate with the correct data next time the aircraft is picked up.

I enjoy manually updating the database when I find an incorrect record, it's part of the fun for me.