AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Close formation Lufthansa flights US to Munich  (Read 7601 times)

Pinza

Close formation Lufthansa flights US to Munich
« on: March 29, 2010, 05:17:16 PM »
Stayed at sister's house (near Stevenage) over the weekend.
Took my RadarBox with me, assuming (wrongly) that nephews would be interested.
Even with an indoor aerial, the amount of traffic I could see over the SE of England blew me away!
Perhaps nephews' were just blasé about living under flightpath into Luton...
Took loads of screenshots - mainly to encourage myself to get my Midlands-based external antennae erected over Easter.
Fascinating to see a succession of airliners (new to me) turning over the Borehamwood area on appraoch to LHR (I used to live in Watford many years ago - wish I'd had this technology then!).
Will just post one screenshot though - indoor aerial in North Herts easily picking up high level traffic over Kent.
Quite liked this one of Lufthansa A340's in close formation (albeit 2000' vertical separation) over Maidstone area. Both destined to Munich - one from San Francisco, the other from Los Angeles.

Brimon

Re: Close formation Lufthansa flights US to Munich
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 09:08:15 AM »
My mate stays down Chorley Wood way, near the Bovingdon beacon & the number of flights going over it tremendous.He owns about 18 acres of woodland & has his firearms licence for a high powered rifle.When the Police came to okay his licence one point they stressed was never point the gun upwards when loaded as there was a remote possibility that he would hit a plane,policeman was being serious!
Chasing the heavies from a secret bunker in Scotland