anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Displaying Military Flags  (Read 2929 times)

Tailwinds

Displaying Military Flags
« on: November 03, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »
I've just been reading an FAQ about displaying Military flags. I copied and pasted all the lines as suggested in the D008.dat file. It then instructs to copy and save two flags. One is the RAF.bmp and the other is the UF flag. However, I noticed that these two flags are already in my Flags folder. Does that mean I shouldn't have entered those lines in the D008.dat file? Did I really need to do any of that because I have the 2009 software? I'm now wondering if those instructions refer to an older Radar box software.

Warning!!! Airnav RadarBox is extremely addictive!

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Displaying Military Flags
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 01:16:04 PM »
Better to use the files at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=667.msg12094#msg12094

That will give you all the flags you need for all countries.  The FAQ is a bit out of date now, and refers to v2008.

Tailwinds

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 02:07:01 PM »
tarbat...

Are you suggesting that I download just the zipped flags folder from the link you posted on October 15th 2009 and to keep my original D008.dat file (without changing any lines), that came with the 2009 downloaded software?
The reason I ask about the D008.dat folder is because the only D008.dat file to download is the one provided by Allocator (also on that thread), but that is dated March 22nd 2008. I'm getting a bit confused here.

Thanks.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »
Tailwinds

In reply #8 in that thread is a file called flagzips.zip - that contains the flags and a new D008.dat.

Download it all and replace the existing files with these.

All will be well then.

Rod
Rod

Tailwinds

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 10:41:58 PM »
Thanks very much. I didn't realise that the D008.dat file was inside the Zip along with the flags folder. Maybe the FAQ's shoud be updated with this newer update.