AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Small Issue With New RB2009 SW  (Read 7375 times)

mimtarsden

Small Issue With New RB2009 SW
« on: September 05, 2008, 02:27:53 PM »
I’m still having a problem with RB2009 when it is left minimised for any lengthy period of time, although the program does not crash as it used to, it doesn’t seem to maximise properly every time.

For example if you click on the minimised RB in the task bar it takes the focus but the program doesn’t expand to fill the screen. So I end up repeatedly clicking on the desktop then the minimised program in the task bar, if I launch another program IE for example this also seems to bring the RB software back to life and the RB software will then maximise.

Tim.

[Core2Quad Q6600] [4Gb RAM] [GeForce 9500] [Vista SP1]

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Small Issue With New RB2009 SW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 03:01:19 PM »
Intresting, do you have scroll wheel mouse as well? If so what kind?

As we had another customer say the same thing when he scrolled his mouse.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Tallyho

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 12:20:16 AM »
I have a similar problem in that my ANRB runs minimised for the majority of the time. Ver 2.0 is MUCH more stable than 1.5 but I still have an issue occaisionally in that when I maximise the app none of the drop down buttons on the top menu bar work. They highlight but the menus do not drop down. Using Alt keys also do not work. The only way to clear the problem is stop and restart ANRB. As I say at the moment it is an intermitent problem and not too annoying but on ethat should be noted.

Deadcalm

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 10:33:53 AM »
Yes, another of the niggles that affect me (minimised, but doesn't restore properly).  I have identified this to AirNav support (Andre Brandao), but no positive response yet.

all.
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
We are looking into the issue. It doesn't occur in all cases and especially not on Windows XP.

Please bear with us.
[email protected]

mimtarsden

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 12:21:33 PM »
Intresting, do you have scroll wheel mouse as well? If so what kind?

As we had another customer say the same thing when he scrolled his mouse.

Yes I do have a scroll wheel mouse, however it's a really cheap and nasty no name brand made in china.  Came with the PC...  Not much Help I guess.

Deadcalm

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 12:56:42 PM »
"It doesn't occur in all cases and especially not on Windows XP"

Airnav, it most certainly does in Windows XP !

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »
Thats weird our beta testers with XP never mentioned any such issue. We will investigate further.
[email protected]

Tallyho

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 07:20:50 PM »
It happens to me on XP as well !

GlynH

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 05:03:26 PM »
Thats weird our beta testers with XP never mentioned any such issue. We will investigate further.

Oh come on AirNav...you are well aware it does happen in XP...I reported it during the latter part of the beta and have even suffered the indignity of being personally attacked by you in this very forum for 'software pseudo-problems' since it's release.

I have sent screenshots and even taken videos of 'stuck-in' menu buttons and repeated mouse clicking on the toolbar trying in vain to maximise the application amongst other things.

Keep up! ;^)

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 05:12:24 PM »
HI Glyn: we don't understand this post. You are well aware we have one of our programmers working with you at the moment to correct it. Anyway in more than 1700 users now only less than 5 five reported it so it is far from being a major problem.

GlynH

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 06:35:49 PM »
HI Glyn: we don't understand this post. You are well aware we have one of our programmers working with you at the moment to correct it. Anyway in more than 1700 users now only less than 5 five reported it so it is far from being a major problem.

Let me explain for the hard of understanding before you shoot yourself in the foot again :-)

AirNav: "Thats weird our beta testers with XP never mentioned any such issue. We will investigate further."

...would imply you were not aware of any problem and it has come as a complete & utter surprise to you.

Glyn: "I reported it during the latter part of the beta"

...would imply that I..err...reported it during the latter part of the beta which would lead one to believe that you were aware of it.

You also know that one of your programmers is working with me so again one could safely assume you are aware of it?

You don't do yourself any favours by being so defensive you know...I don't recall anyone (including me) ever saying it was a major problem - in fact this thread is entitled "Small Issue With New RB2009 SW" :-)

On the contrary everyone (including me) agree it is a major step forward.

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 06:21:13 AM by GlynH »

SteveB

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 09:47:43 PM »
Also have the same problem...it happens on my desktop running on Vista....and my laptop running on XP...and no wheeled mouse on either system

Tallyho

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 02:23:47 PM »
Anyway in more than 1700 users now only less than 5 five reported it so it is far from being a major problem.
AIRNAV if you truely believe what you have just written then I am worried.
Being in application support myself, you must be fully aware that for every user that reports a problem, there are a number that sit there just cursing the software but not bothering to report it or say "same here". Also a number of problems always go unreported becuase users believe "someone else must have already reported it" I wont bother.
The only way around this would be to publish a "Known Issues List" for everyone to see(note I didn't use the dreaded word BUG!) but as we know this won't happen with a commercial peice of software because it is something competitors can use to their advantage.

Not wishing to sound like we are bashing you, but you continue to quote, statistics and numbers in your replies which we all know can be and usually are very misleading (unless you are a politician of course) :o)