anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Demo Mode/V1.6  (Read 4490 times)

JRS98

Demo Mode/V1.6
« on: July 16, 2008, 03:04:59 AM »
Well I have been messing with the demo mode for a few days now. I really like the look of the maps but but the program is very slow. Everything I drag or click on has a delay. Sometimes it takes 5 seconds to do something. Unchecking the share data box didn't work either. This is a problem on both of my computers. Is the new version (V1.6) going to be easier to deal with? Like I said I really like the maps and the features but it's just frustrating dealing with the slowness.

Thanks

Jon

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: Demo Mode/V1.6
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 07:33:50 AM »
What is your computer spec?

The demo mode won't be using the share data anyway. It should only just be playing back some saved data.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 08:21:51 AM »
Well I have been messing with the demo mode for a few days now. I really like the look of the maps but but the program is very slow. Everything I drag or click on has a delay. Sometimes it takes 5 seconds to do something. Unchecking the share data box didn't work either. This is a problem on both of my computers. Is the new version (V1.6) going to be easier to deal with? Like I said I really like the maps and the features but it's just frustrating dealing with the slowness.

Thanks

Jon

Most odd.  As support said, there isn't any processing going on during the demo so there's no reason why RadarBox should be running as slowly as you say.  As it's happening on both your PC's, then there must be something you have installed on both that is causing the problem.

When you look at the task manager (Ctrl Alt Del), what's the CPU loading with and without RB running?

JRS98

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 09:04:47 AM »
Yeah the shared data doesn't matter here you're right. My PC is 2.8 GHZ and 256 RAM. The laptop is 1.83 and 1GB RAM. I realize the PC ram is low. The cpu usage on the laptop when running firefox and a program for my scanner is 3% to 12% then when I run the radarbox is goes up to 50% and even higher. The PC is pretty much the same way. Thanks again.

Jon

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 05:46:03 PM »
Can anyone tell me how I can see the v1.6 demo mode?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 06:34:50 PM »
It's just the same as the V1.5 demo - but you have to have the V1.6 beta software to see it :-)

JRS98 doesn't have a RadarBox, so his only option is to watch the demo mode on the current V1.5 download version.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 06:36:37 PM by Allocator »