AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Network Costs  (Read 4225 times)

stewart_uk

Network Costs
« on: June 09, 2008, 04:30:03 PM »
I am in the market for a Flight Tracking system, and have been comparing RB with it's rival.
Unless I have miss read the details it looks like the Network Cost after the 1st year is around £120 PA. As this is a lot more than I am currently paying my ISP, I think I may well opt for the alternative, better value for money solution.

Stewart

DaveG

Re: Network Costs
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 06:20:31 PM »
Not sure where you got £120 from, but I think if you search these forums Airnav have said about 5 euro's per month after the first year.
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 06:36:23 PM »
The official cost is of 5 EUR per month - the lowest we can offer taking in account maintenance costs.

Our competition does not offer any kind of network capability (despite promising that for years to increase the number of hardware units sold). Our Network is the result of several years of software development in the flight tracking world and processes more than 2 million messages per day nowadays.

More details at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=606.0

stewart_uk

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 07:08:32 PM »
The only place on the AirNav Systems site where I could find a reference to Network Costs was on the RadarBox order page.

It says:-
When you buy AirNav RadarBox you will receive 1 year free network access. This is a $240 ( € 180 or £120 at approx exchange rates) free offer from AirNav Systems that will enable you to be part of the world's first real-time radar network. You will be able to see what other RadarBox users are receiving in real-time.

So I took 1 years free network access to have a value of £120...

I have examined the competitive .pdf file, but find no reference to the on-going fees.

Apart from a thread in this forum, where are they mentioned ?

If they are just 5 Euro PM, then surely it would be worth putting this down on a page...

regards

Stewart

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 07:15:04 PM »
Stuart,

This subject has been covered extensively in the Forum, specifically in the FAQ here:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=676.0

The Euro 5.00 price was the result of discussion in the forum between RB users and AirNav and the price was dropped from the original price quoted by AirNav.

As for the competition, the Kinetic SBS-1, I purchased this about 18 months ago for the promised Kinetic Network service - which still hasn't been delivered.  Now my SBS-1 gathers dust in the corner and my RadarBox runs whenever my PC is on :-)

Allocator

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 10:38:38 PM »
Stewart,

There is no comparison to our network to the competitors false promises.

Nobody is actually paying for the network at the moment so the prices and fees are not officially shown with buy now page as its not available yet to purchase.

However rest assured as its been written a good few times in the forum it will be 5 Euro per month. This was as Allocator says after disscussion with current and new customers. If you want us to email you with that information so you have it in writing then we can do that as well :)
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 10:40:25 PM by AirNav Support »
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]