anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Support for Windows 11  (Read 2191 times)

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
Support for Windows 11
« on: December 04, 2023, 03:43:01 PM »
Hi Everyone.

My pc's motherboard had to be replaced.  All done and back up running today.  However, it now says its is Win 11 compatible.  So the question is, is legacy RDB Win 11 compatible.  Anyone running the PC s/w suscessfully on Win 11?  Currenty on Win 10 with a green stick and V6.

Thanks

Graham

mikek

Re: Support for Windows 11
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 07:05:53 PM »
I'm running the PC software on Windows 11 using the Flight Stick.
Setup/install for me was exactly the same as I did for my old Windows 10 install and I haven't had any issues at all.

My login is still from the old RadarBox hardware though, but I would guess that doesn't make any difference to the process.

Runway 31

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 07:12:23 PM »
I have Windows 11 on 2 of my computers with a Flights stick and V6 on both running with no issues

Alan

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 09:19:49 AM »
cool thanks Alan and Mike.  Some fun for the weekend!!!

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 05:32:53 PM »
I have been running under Win 11 now and although it runs after a period of time typically overnight the drop-down menus hang.  Still rcv data and the screen is active.  But cant change map, do a db update, close app correctly etc.  Have to click the X to exit program. 

I assume this problem is unique to me? 

Was running 6.02 reinstalled 6.01 but exact same problem.

Have spoken to support.  But their response was legacy software.  Run the web client.  Unfortunately, the features I use in the legacy client are not really replicated in with the web client.

So, assuming no one else gets similar must be something with my particular to my setup.. 

Any ideas?  Most frustrating as I am use to my system running 24x7 not having to restart regularly

Thanks

Runway 31

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 05:53:44 PM »
Sorry to hear of your issues Graham.  As stated previously I have RB on a laptop and a main computer on Windows 11 and havent experienced any issues myself although I am not running 24 hours. 

As far as I am aware no one else has raised similar concerns and I am all out of ideas.
 From what you have detailed it looks to me like something specific to your set up. Maybe something to do with Windows itself in its settings or a software conflict with somethind else you are running

Alan
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 07:24:49 PM by Runway 31 »

GreekSpy2001

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 09:40:17 AM »
Thanks Alan.  It seems strange so have looked further. 

Now at a stage I can reproduce the issue by either tuning my monitor off or switching the screen away to my work laptop.  So I have left my screen on over the weekend and it is still operating as expected.  Will have to switch to my work laptop soon so I will try and leave it as long as possible before i do switch.

So not sure what is the culprit here.  Running the latest Graphics display driver (Intel in my case.  So not some okey kokey co.)  Could try going to a generic Win 11 driver I guess.

Graham

Runway 31

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 03:43:58 PM »
Getting to technical for me now Graham

Alan