AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: BIZ JETS IN UK AIRSPACE??  (Read 2297 times)

EGNXR

BIZ JETS IN UK AIRSPACE??
« on: February 09, 2009, 12:02:30 AM »
Hello  all,

First Q. Why do biz jets have thier position data turned off over UK airspace. eg noted American GLF5 on network over Canadian border route KJFK-EGGW so set alert for when it came in range. several Hrs later when I got the alert said aircraft not showing position data. Also had this the other way when aircraft on myflights no position but later noted on network over france.

Second Q. I've seen N673P GLF IV on my flights it was showing directly over my house
along with Monarch A321 and AA 777,clear blue sky but nothing to be seen . I could see the A321 and 777. The GLF4 was bouncing round tho' 1 minute over UK next,Calgary and finaly off coast of Brasil. (a321 lowest, 777 highest)

Is this a security feature of ADS-B post 9/11 as I can understand if you can afford to fly Biz jets your either wealthy enough or important enough not to want people tracking your movements. I've just watched another GLF5 EC-IJS off portugal, Brasil, Paraguay and finally South Pacific Ocean all in the space of 5 mins.

I thought it was just Gulfstream aircraft but I've seen a CL600 doing same. I've read some of the posts on purple rain but its just generated more questions

Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: BIZ JETS IN UK AIRSPACE??
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 10:24:39 AM »

Very few bizjets broadcast positional data, whatever airspace they are flying through.

It's nothing to do with security and everything to do with privacy.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour